I think (seriously do not know for sure) my cat has eaten a small piece of red onion skin. You know the flaky paper-y stuff. I found my cat playing in one of my bowls on the kitchen counter and at the bottom of it was about half of an onion skin/peel that must have fallen off at some point... I'm so dumb IF she ate it then I would think it would be the size of a coin at the most, but probably smaller. Just to be clear there was no actual onion "meat" on the skin. The reason why I think she has is because when I walked towards her she sort of made a motion with her mouth as if something was in it. Imagine if you have a piece of hair on your tongue and you try to get it off. I'm reading as much as I can about this and literally killing myself with worry. How long would it be before I notice anything if there is a problem? It is about 1 1/2 hour ago (yes I know but I just realised what it could be) and no vomiting or pale gums or any of the symptoms described online. I will obviously stay up the whole night to watch her and I'm constantly checking on her but this is the time she usually sleeps. Should I call a vet in the morning? Will she get sick? I'm a bit scared to call the emergency vet as the only one close is known for being moneygrabbing and I'd hate to drag her out when she seems fine (for now) Any answers are greatly appreciated.