Fractured Patella

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah she was walking fine for awhile somehow! But now she can only take a couple steps at a time and has to rest😢 I have her caged up right now so she will stay still. I want to talk to the vet about any vitamins that they could suggest to help her get stronger bones. When she was a kitten she would walk in circles, run into things, and she couldn’t really track with her eyes so the vets thought she was blind for awhile. But since she’s aged they took back the blindness and just think she has an undeveloped cerebellum which is why she is kind of clumsy and strange. As she gets older she seems to get better so I think maybe she’s just behind on her growth from her momma not feeding her
I wonder if her mother had panleukopenia.
Yeah she was walking fine for awhile somehow! But now she can only take a couple steps at a time and has to rest😢 I have her caged up right now so she will stay still. I want to talk to the vet about any vitamins that they could suggest to help her get stronger bones. When she was a kitten she would walk in circles, run into things, and she couldn’t really track with her eyes so the vets thought she was blind for awhile. But since she’s aged they took back the blindness and just think she has an undeveloped cerebellum which is why she is kind of clumsy and strange. As she gets older she seems to get better so I think maybe she’s just behind on her growth from her momma not feeding her
Looks really intriguing. I do like this dr axe.

alanwake

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey - I know I'm late but I'm dealing with this now with our kitten who is 6 months old. How did this play out for you and your kitty? I hope it's doing better!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kenzerdee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey - I know I'm late but I'm dealing with this now with our kitten who is 6 months old. How did this play out for you and your kitty? I hope it's doing better!
Our vet recommend that we crate her for a few weeks to see if it would heal by itself and it did! We got a little collapsible tent and put her food/water/litter in with her so she couldn’t walk around. I also read that CBD helps cats heal so I ordered some cat CBD in a tincture and gave her a dropper of it daily. I don’t know if it actually helped but it was worth a try. She’s completely back to normal now, she plays and runs around like before. But her X-rays I believe still look as if they’re broken so I’m not sure if her bones never fully formed when she was kitten and they just looked broken or if they really were. She’s got a lot of quirky medical issues so I never know what is actually wrong with her lol. I hope everything works out well for you! Hopefully your kitty will heal up too