Fox Poop

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
About this time of year, foxes poop all over my driveway, deck, picnic table, anything, basically. I think it’s a territorial thing. But if you look at the poop it’s almost all fur, plus seeds. Whatever they are eating, besides getting ready to share my apple tree, they sure know how to pass a fur ball out the back end, with noooo trouble. Too bad this recipe can’t be passed along to house cats.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I believe this also applies to the raccoons I have had in my yard from time to time - well, not pooping everywhere but having a lot of seeds and hair. Maybe it is the fruit??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
…Was thinking that too, plus the roughage. Have noticed some apple in certain cat foods, wonder if it helps. Probably though, in the case of wild cats at least, I imagine whatever the prey ate helps as a laxative. I’m no poopologist. But I will say fox poop looks mighty healthy and varied with the seasons!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
But I will say fox poop looks mighty healthy and varied with the seasons!
I never thought of it that way but you're right. :biggrin:
We get all of the above animals in our yard, i.e. fox, coyote, raccoon, opossum, etc. Most recently a fox has been after a litter of baby bunnies. I've only seen the fox go in and out of yards including ours but the neighbors told me they've seen the fox with a baby bunny in it's mouth. :eek: Our houses were originally built on an apple orchard. Every house had at least one apple tree in the yard. We are the 4th owner and there was one apple tree in the yard when we moved here. The tree was not in good condition. We tried to save it but eventually had to have it cut down. However, our neighbor kept her tree even though it was not overly healthy so the wildlife would eat the apples but guess who's yard they pooped in? Of course, it was ours! :rolleyes2: