Found Stray 2 Months Old Kitten. How Will His Coat Grow In??

Kricket0913

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
so two days ago my boyfriend found a stray kitten at the steel mill where he works. Poor baby was on the verge of freezing/starving to death. He was extremely exhausted and filthy when he first came here and rested almost 16 hours before he’d get up and walk around. I didn’t think he’d live through the night seeing how little he moved.
The kitten, will of course get needed vet care and treatments.
I don’t have much experience with kittens and their traits, so I’m curious on how his coat is going to grow out? He seems like he has a thick undercoat. I’ve washed and cleaned him up as best as I could, lol.
The last photo is one my boyfriend took of him at the steel mill covered in the nasty metal dust. Couldn’t even tell what color he was. So glad we have him now and he’s doing much better.
I have an allergy to cats but depending on his coat will help me to know if I’ll be okay or not as he gets older and fuzzier.
I have a cat now, (we’re keeping the kitten separate to avoid any spread of unknown sicknesses he may have) and she luckily turned out to be hypoallergenic(Balinese mix)

Attachments

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Looks like a domestic short haired buff colored tabby. He might have thick hair, but it'll most likely stay short

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Kricket0913 !

Good on you guys for rescuing this little one !

Is there something going on with his right eye (maybe both eyes) ?

You know, the folks who 'patrol' the Preg Cats & Kittens forum offer really excellent health advice.....and know all about kitten eyes!

Just on the allergy issue, successful allergy treatment involves increasingly greater exposures to the allergen over time.....so, perhaps your allergy will slowly dissipate.

Oh.........and we're never allergic to more pictures:lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kricket0913

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry for the delayed response! Been busy with the kitty actually lol and I thank you all for your kind comments! Since I made the post this kitty met with a good friend of mine and she decided to adopt him. His name is now Atlas and he already has three stockings of kitten toys waiting for him on Christmas haha. He’s going to the vet this week to treat any problems too as I do think he had a little irritation in his eye. Here’s more pictures haha

Attachments