Found Rabbit

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I know you don't get snow, but don't rabbits change colour according to the season?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I know you don't get snow, but don't rabbits change colour according to the season?
There are some wild rabbits that do go from one color to the other every year. When I asked the rabbit board the.people there said they've heard of a doemstic getting darker with age butno one had actually seen it before.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So maybe Peter the exception. Guess you'll have to see what happens over the next few months.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The cats aren't the only ones getting a space upgrade. Peter's area got extended. He can now go back to the plant line along the fence. He was darting back and forth across his new area so much that he is now passed out under his bush.

IMG_20180515_175800.jpg

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Very cool. Peter was one smart rabbit when he chose to wander into your yard.

GreyLady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Totally jealous I would love to just find a bunny- I've been waiting for a responsible time to get a new pet but I'd love it if fate stepped in and made me make it work- lol!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Did you know that rabbits like to run around when they are happy?

One moment they are sitting there....
IMG_20180526_074954.jpg

And the next they are jumping and twisting in the air.... ...

IMG_20180526_074955.jpg

It is called Rabbit Binky.....

This message is approved by Peter Rabbit.
IMG_20180526_075904_1.jpg

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Peter got free time in the whole yard today. Link was very enamored with Peter den under the bush.

IMG_20180527_101158_864.jpg

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We've had Peter since late October. His current housing area and the routine of going in at dusk was started in early November. So seven months ago, roughly.

I can now say he is fully engaged with the routine. He's even giving me rabbitude if I am late or don't give him a piece of dried mango when he goes in. Yes, dried mango (unsulfured, unsweetened, freeze dried). Not a slice of strawberry or raspberry, but mango specifically must be given by hand. He gets one piece of each so less than a full strawberry of fruit a day. But if I put the mango in his bowl he gives me the "excuse me??" Look.

IMG_20180616_102156.jpg

First, it was the only red leaf lettuce or endive lettuce. Then it was no curly parsley. Then it was only carrot shavings. Now mango by hand.

It's official Peter is spoiled. But at least he waits for me to close the door at night instead of me having to herd him in. Small mercies.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rabbitude sounds a lot like Cattitude. :D
Cattitude plus OCD.

We have a metal iron stake that we hold his door open with. It's two old railroad spikes put together by my brother in a blacksmith class. It's a good solid weight.

This morning when my brother put him out he did not put the stake down. I caught Petermoving it around trying to put it where it belongs. He gave up, it's heavy and long, and furiously moved it agianst the edge of his area. A good four feet of him picking it up and moving an inch then trying to roll it with his paws. The whole time glancing up at me, "excuse me?! What is this?"

I will admit I was cracking up. I eventually picked it up and put it where it belongs. And all was right with the world.

You can see it in the bottom right of this photo.

IMG_20180616_134253_011.jpg

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL. I love it! Makes me want to give him a hug. Can you actually hug a rabbit?

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You can hug a rabbit. You just have to keep all the paws supported otherwise you could get a reflexive kick.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Our normal nighttime routine is I put in Peter then feed the cats. We've gotten pretty good about it where the cats watch me put in Peter and head straight in. The last two weeks I haven't had to call the cats because they start coming when I say "bedtime Peter".

Tonight Peter was already in and when he heard me remembered he hadn't peed. Or I assume since he suddenly sat up and ran to his pee spot. Since he doesn't potty in his cage at night, if he needed to potty I didn't want to stop him. So I told the cats it was dinner time. Rocket and Fury bolted into the house but Link was upset.

I could see him from the backdoor looking at me and looking at Peter, me, Peter, meow. Pretty sure it was a "Mom, my bunny isn't in. Mom. Mom!" I put down the dishes and he still didn't come in. I went outside and brought in Peter, with Link mirroring me outside the cage. Then Link wanted to watch Peter eat dinner, which he normally does while I put away the food containers.

I ended up carrying him inside and had to nudge Rocket out of his dinner dish. Peter has become Links rabbit.

IMG_20180610_164752.jpg

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Here's Peter being held for his monthly health check. Just checking that his bum is clean (no digestive problems or mobility cleaning issues), checking ears (mites), feeling body for bumps (bugs or infections) and checking claws. His paws are muddy because it was also watering day. He has a dark ring around his muzzle from chewing on his fence. I cover frequent spots with toys, he has chew toys, a tunnel, two burrows and yet he still chews on fence *sigh* at least it keeps his teeth trim.

IMG_20180630_110946.jpg

If his face doesn't give it away, he wasn't happy. Got to end it with cuddles, of course.

IMG_20180630_111010.jpg