Found Rabbit

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Reaction score
I have a little planter in Peters area that I put some bunny safe flowers in. He decided that while they weren't good for eating they were perfect for sitting in so the flowers died. This afternoon I decided to replant it with some different flowers but the Home Depot was crazy so I grabbed some herbs ready to transplant and put them in instead. These are Peters herbs, grown for him in the hydroponics and I try to include home grown greens whenever possible in his fresh foods. I'd say sometimes the mix is 100% homegrown but most of the time its more along the lines of 20% because he goes through a lot of greens.

Here is his full garden (along with some hydroponics but those just didn't do as well as I wanted so its mostly garden grown). Some things are for the humans but most in this photo is Peters.

Screenshot_20201128-165051_Photos.jpg

And here is what was left of the herbs I transplanted into his little planter after about 8 hours.

Screenshot_20201128-165106_Photos.jpg

I actually am only giving them 48 hours until fully eaten, didn't expect them to last because he's a bunny and bunny eat plants. I thought it would be a fun little thing to let him eat still living plants and see what he did with it. What he did is get annoyed that it wouldn't move and tug the whole plant halfway out of the ground and then eat the exposed roots. He doesn't like curly parsley (which is the middle one) but trying it to see if he's changed his mind) and thats still untouched. Picky bun.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Reaction score
Peter got another plant, or rather a few plants, curly kale. Peter loves kale and I haven't given him some in a few days. I've actually been putting the plant in and out of his area over a few days. Today he complained that the plant has gotten smaller and he needs a new one.

20201203_114343.jpg

20201203_113938.jpg

20201203_113904.jpg

Also, take a look at all the tunnels the bunny has to run through. He's not spoiled.... no, not him.

20201203_114440.jpg

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Reaction score
I love that idea of the bunny garden! I bet Peter loved :)
My buns do love kale, but their all-time favorite foods are definitely cilantro and parsley:bunnydance:
His favorite is kale, but a little too high calcium so I limit it and have periods when he doesn't get it. He's particularly picky in that he like Italian parsley but not curly parsley but cilantro is pretty good. He seems to rotate through which leaf lettuce is his favorite but the darker ones are better for him so he gets more red variations then green. Carrots are eh, but if he gets them it must be carrot shavings because whole or chunks are just not the same. Spinach is not edible according to Peter, nor are dandelion greens, beet tops, mustard greens or any of the other leafy green options.

Last edited:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Top Cat
Reaction score
I spent a large chunk of my morning reading this thread from start to finish. It’s more interesting and much more captivating than the books I’ve been reading! Thank you! Peter is a character and I loved watching his progress through your stories and photos.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Reaction score
I spent a large chunk of my morning reading this thread from start to finish. It’s more interesting and much more captivating than the books I’ve been reading! Thank you! Peter is a character and I loved watching his progress through your stories and photos.
Thank you.