Found Rabbit

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Reaction score
Wow. That's quite a setup! So, will the humans get to enjoy any of that lettuce? Or is Peter the lucky recipient of all the harvest?
2/3 - Peter, 1/3 - human to start with at least. The goal is to not have to buy greens at the store so it will change if Peter needs more or less once the plants are all fully grown and being harvested.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Reaction score
Awww, thanks for the Peter update. 🐰 I think he hit the jackpot when he found you.:heartshape:

Kat0121

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Reaction score
Wow. That's quite a setup! So, will the humans get to enjoy any of that lettuce? Or is Peter the lucky recipient of all the harvest?

Oh, the poor bunny. Peter, you sure knew what you were doing when you hopped into mama Kieka Kieka 's yard, which ensured you would have a much happier / well cared for life.:bunnydance:
True. That was the best thing that could have happened to him. Every bunny should have the life dear Peter has. :heartshape:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Reaction score
Peter's current favorite spot is laying on the stone under the hydroponic tank. I am fairly sure the temperature under there is a few degrees cooler then anywhere else.

20200716_171043.jpg

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Reaction score
Evening Peter check in.

20200722_201010.jpg
20200722_200950.jpg

Also, random realization, when we found Peter he would have been an adult 3-6 years old. At that time he weighed just shy of 4 pounds, at his most recent vet visit he weighed 5.7 pounds. He is not a fat bunny so he was very underweight, which I knew but seeing the numbers on his chart was a little shocking when I saw it today updating his records. Especially putting into context that he was full grown at that time. I really wish he could tell his story because I know he is a very determined little one with a strong drive to survive.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Reaction score
In case anyone was curious, if you want to make a bunny mad put a hat on him.

20200730_175153.jpg

In other news, we've started rebuilding Peters area in the back yard to move him back now that he has his vaccine. I was looking for a new hutch with more floor space for him to stretch and enough room to stand. After looking I couldn't find one that met my expectations in all areas: wrong fencing, poor human access points or too bird geared. So I bought the same hutch he has now (his current one being three years old and starting to show age). We are going to take off the back wall and add on an enclosed run space. Here is the outline of the run space, we are putting stone along the whole bottom to make it safe and keep it cooler.

20200730_175129.jpg

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Reaction score
Peter looks very dapper in his straw hat. 👒

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Reaction score
Have I ever mentioned it is very hard to bunny? Peters berries are end of season and just not good enough so he had to go without tonight (as in he turned his little nose up at them). Then grandma got romaine lettuce instead of the green leaf lettuce (and the hydroponic spring mix wasn't at the farmers market). And then I moved his tunnel six inches to the left. It was just a tragic evening.

At least the water drinking, face cleaning and flop to stretch the tummy went right.

20200811_191805.jpg
20200811_191829.jpg
20200811_191922.jpg