Found missing cat but she ran away

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OH MY GOODNES! Oh, this is worth having to stay up for! I will drag through this day (I'm a day sleeper, but have an appointment at 2 PM), and now, instead of tired, I'm filled with joy and relief!

WELCOME HOME, LUNA!!!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Well I am certainly reaching for the box of kleenex! She is such a beautiful little girl and I am sure so happy to be home where she can put back on the weight that she lost. She is looking at you with complete love in her eyes!

MackerelTabbyStripes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here is Luna on her favorite cat tower perch before and after her summer wandering outside!!

Sometime I will have to post more details of last night. She came THREE times in one night, it was a total roller coaster of emotions. And the final visit we didn't see her approaching on the cameras at all -- we only saw them trigger once she was in the trap and secured!

Attachments

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
She is just beautiful and so happy to be home. Her life on the streets was not all that much fun and she may have stayed out so long from confusion about what to do or how to return home. I thought that last night probably had several events from looking at the times of the posts.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Worriedaboutscaredycat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She's so much lighter than she was when she left! She's purring and meowing nonstop, which is a little crazy since she had almost silent squeaky meows before she got out. I'm so relieved she's back, but she is also clearly relieved and thrilled to be back inside.
Congrats I'm so happy for you. I knew you could do it. Here wishing you both a long and happy time together. How is she? Purring playing etc?

MackerelTabbyStripes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Luna is still doing AMAZING. She is so very obviously happy to be back inside. She still has a very high level of energy, but she has less of the nervous energy she did sometimes when we would carry her before she left. Her bonded brother and her have gotten over the day or so where he wasn't thrilled with her different outside smell, and they are back to cuddle piles, chasing each other, or play fights.

The first couple days she had a bit of separation anxiety. We needed to get all the cats out of our bedroom while we were adjusting the bedframe, to make sure no large piece fell on one of them, but she freaked out at the door meowing to come in. We had to stop and give her attention. She's a lot closer to baseline now, though, and we are able to put her and her brother together up in a bedroom when we are going to be in and out of the house frequently, like when we grill outside. We are not about to risk her getting out again! Although, she shows little interest in trying to run out the door. She enjoys the sun, of course, and sometimes will chatter at a bird that gets close, but there is no sign of desperation to get back out for another adventure. I think she and her brother are going to be happy inside cats for many years to come!

MackerelTabbyStripes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I forgot to add -- How is your kitty? Has she gotten back to her previous weight again? Is her behavior back to exactly what it was before her own outside adventure, or do you think she'll have some long term lessons or shifts as well?

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
That is all so heartwarming! Thanks for posting and here is to many happy years inside with Luna and her brother. It was hard on her outside, even if she was okay in the end, but she knows that her indoor life is so much better that she has made her decision to stay put this time.