Found kittens, not sure if I should try and catch them

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ChunkyNaomBaby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have unfortunate news about the other kittens and mom. They seem to have disappeared from the area they were in. I went out to see them yesterday night but didn’t see them, so I just left the food out for them. When I came back this morning I didn’t see them again, but the food was eaten so I just thought they were hiding. I left another can of wet food out, but when I came back in the evening to feed them again it was untouched. I looked through the bush and couldn’t see any of them. I am not sure what happened to them.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh hon, I'm sorry 😔 we can only hope that maybe they were trapped and rescued by someone :vibes::crossfingers::hearthrob:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh hon, I'm sorry 😔 we can only hope that maybe they were trapped and rescued by someone :vibes::crossfingers::hearthrob:
Or momma noticed TS was looking closely, (and two kittens DID disappeared) so she moved with the kittens at hand.

So, best scenario someone else took care of them, but there are also other OK scenarios.

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The mother could have moved them.

Although the kittens appear to be just old enough to start fending for themselves, the mother still rules the clan. If she decides that some place is dangerous, she'll up and move the whole family.

If they are young, the mother will probably carry the kittens from one place to another. If they are older, the mother corrals them. Older ones get herded by the mother. After that, they will drift farther away from the mother until, eventually, they are on their own.

I get the impression that your kittens are in one of those "in between" stages and the mother, in one way or another, moved the clan out of there. After all, it was under a bush, beside a busy parking lot. The mother could have decided to find a better place. I imagine her saying something like, "Let's go troops! Load 'em up! Move 'em out! Let's go, go GO!!!"

In the process, you scooped two of them up, off the battlefield. The mother's going, "Bravo One to base! Bravo One to base!
We've been ambushed! I repeat! AMBUSH!... Charlie-2 and Charlie-3 are down!"

I think you should go back, once or twice, just to see if you can find some traces of them and, at least, see to it that they are as safe as they can be, given the circumstance, until you can see your way through this family crisis and decide what to do.

If you can't find them, maybe they've moved on. Maybe that's for the best. Who knows? What if they turn up a couple-few weeks from now? Even if the worst happens, just remember... It's God's universe.