Found Kitten Now What??

Lilli Belle's Mommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Missy is a bit of a mystery to us. She was spotted over a week ago by neighbors living in a barn but not rescued. She did get moved to under a neighbors house. She has had little food. I found out about her today. My husband and I brought her in much to the dismay of Lilli my poodle.
I can feel all of her bones. I did give about a teaspoon of wet cat food. She had very watery liquid diarrhea. The one semi-stool appeared to have blood possibly. She has urinated several times and it is clear. She has been surviving on whatever she could catch. I think they had given her regular milk before I got her.

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Poor baby! Thank you for bringing her in.

Continue giving her wet cat food every couple of hours.

You'll need to give her 24/7 access to dry kitten chow and water, along with a litter box.

She'll need to see the vet for worming, and possibly antibiotics and Panacur to treat her for parasites and intestinal irritation.

Beyond that, she needs lots of love! :)

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks she has had to have 2 bathes this evening cleaning her up, but I only required 1 bandaid. I think all is forgiven. I'm still trying to figure out how old she is. She does have premolars.
When they're this undernourished it can be hard to tell. The funk will go away when she starts grooming herself. I think they reach a point where they just sort of give up. She should probably go to the vet for a check up since you have another pet in the house. Fleas, ear mites and intestinal worms. All pretty easy to take care of. She may need some ointment for those eyes. That haunted look will go away. The fact that she's social and you can handle her at 6-8 weeks means she's probably had human contact.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, she is precious! Thank you so much for helping her, she could never have survived on her own.