Found kitten a month and a half ago and i dont know sex

AmeliaDR

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hai, i found this kitten by my friends house, they were malnourished, dirty, etc so i took her in but i have never really had a cat so i learned a lot of things and i took her to the vet to get her checked etc. Theyre all good now, healthy and growing, and also very sweet. The vet told me they looked like a girl but im not sure since it seems like they have balls but since i really dont know i could use some help. Thanks

Attachments

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
What a cutie! The depth of the pic is confusing so I am not sure if I am seeing little peanuts or an opening. If there are testicles, you should see them protruding and should be able to touch them.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I think you have a little boy there. It's hard to tell, even for vets, when they're extremely young and/or are malnourished. But typically females have a slit which is closer to the anus while boys have a circle with a bit more space between that and the anus.

Wonderful of you to rescue him (or her, if I'm wrong :) )!

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty sure its a boy, is the 2nd hole very far from the first one? If so then yes a boy, a girl will have the 2nd hole quite close to the first one. Not super close but close lol. People cant really go based off of looks alone cause Jethro looked like a girl when he was young lol.
6weeks (4).jpg

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Very true and I almost did not TNR a black and white kitten who looked like the father, thinking that it was probably a boy and I could wait while I trapped all the sisters. Wrong! It was a girl and was fortunately the first one in the trap. You can't go by looks for the most part. Sometimes an older unneutered Tom will have a very broad jowly face, but that could still be a guess. And like Jethro, the prettiest little kitten I ever trapped was a boy.