Found And Took In An Abandoned Kitten. Looking For Advice.

Natalie_Cat_lover_girl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello fellow feline lovers. I found this baby on the street, behind the dumpster of one of the building in our neighborhood, as i was taking out the old clothing to the donation bin. Unfortunately looks like someone just wanted to get rid of it as it was in a cardboard box lined with paper towel and had a small bowl of water in the box. I just couldn't walk by and leave it to suffer, so I took it home and here i am now. Will take it to the vet this week and get it registered vaccinated etc. Unfortunately I have no clue to what breed it could be as I have never seen its parents or anything. I know its a far fetch as it could be a breed or even a mix, cant know for sure, but i was hopping that someone more experienced on here could at least offer their opinions or guesses based on the pictures I have. Thanks in advance, it would mean a lot to me and much appreciated. I love this tiny baby and will take good care of it.

Natalie

viber image1.jpg

viber image.jpg

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N Natalie_Cat_lover_girl - First, welcome to TCS! Second, thanks to you for taking in this adorable kitten; if you need advice on care, our Kitten Care Care forum is the best on the internet. Third, looking at that muzzle and those ears, I'd personally hold off on making any guesses regarding breed ancestry until this sweet kitty reaches thirty pounds or so. Other opinions - hopefully from StefanZ StefanZ abyeb abyeb sabian sabian and mightyboosh mightyboosh will doubtless follow.

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
N Natalie_Cat_lover_girl - Wow what a precious little kitten! I love his markings. It's really hard to tell it being so small but I think it could have some Maine Coon and possibly Siberian. I do think it has a big breed ancestry for sure. I would like to see some pics in about 2 months to re-evaluate though. He can't be 8 weeks yet! He already looks at home with you! Is it male or female? He would have adopted quick from a shelter. You made a good find and should be easily socialized. Thanks for taking it in and a big welcome to TCS! Keep us updated and do post pics as he get's older. I like to see how he develops!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I dont see clearly the markings on sides and back. In part because he is mediumhair.

BUT it means he may be a ticked tabby, ie no clear markings on the body and back. In face and legs they have tabby markings yes.

Some Abyssians are renown for their ticked tabby, so you have a comparison.

I think its also called sometimes for agouti-tabby.

Tx for saving this little one compatriot to you.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
N Natalie_Cat_lover_girl - Wow what a precious little kitten! I love his markings. It's really hard to tell it being so small but I think it could have some Maine Coon and possibly Siberian. I do think it has a big breed ancestry for sure. I would like to see some pics in about 2 months to re-evaluate though. He can't be 8 weeks yet! He already looks at home with you! Is it male or female? He would have adopted quick from a shelter. You made a good find and should be easily socialized. Thanks for taking it in and a big welcome to TCS! Keep us updated and do post pics as he get's older. I like to see how he develops!
:hellosmiley::hithere::welcomesign::yeah: We all want more pictures:camera: Bless you for saving this beautiful baby :rock: :heartshape::cheerleader::bouquet:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
A warm and friendly welcome to TCS! :wave3: Your new bundle of fur is absolutely adorable. :redheartpump: I wholeheartedly agree he may have some Maine Coon in him. Have you thought of a fitting name? Can't wait to see more pics as he grows.