Found a kitten by the road

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would try to wait. It does sound like he may need antibiotics for a URI. Or it may be a cold. Either way, Saturday is just around the corner. In the meantime, it sounds like he’s enjoying lots of visitation. His life will change when he can hang with your other kitten though! :)

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keeping them separate until he's seen a vet is a good idea. There will be lots of time for social activities afterward and the isolation time will help him pick up the smells of the house, which will facilitate the introduction process (although this may be moderated by the new smell of the veterinary clinic).

PuffandPercy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would also be keeping them separate with weepy eyes like that.

It's hard, when you feel bad about locking them away; but the bathroom is much, much better than the streets, and it is only temporary! Short term pain, long term gain- healthy cats all around, instead of potentially sick cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sushismom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just got home from the vet and they gave him a clean bill of health. He needs a good ear cleaning and he’ll be on a dewormer for the next 5 days but beyond that he’s doing great she said. Age wise age he’s between 6-8 weeks old but she couldn’t give a closer age range but that’s ok I don’t necessarily need an exact age.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A decent gauge of kitten age is when they start losing their milk teeth around 10 weeks. Sometimes, you won't even notice it happening until you don't see one of their fangs and there's just a little red hole where it was, so you'll have to look carefully. I never found any of the lost teeth, but others here have. I guess the cats often swallow them.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What is the kittens’s weight? Their weight also tells age. An eight week old kitten usually weighs about 2 pounds.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sushismom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I forgot about asking what he weighed and I don’t have a scale here at home to find out. It’s also not on the paperwork that I got from the vets office when I picked him up.
The older kitten was 3.5 lbs when he last went two weeks ago now and they said he was 13 weeks at the time so he’s 15 weeks now. I’m going to have to get on monthly age instead of weekly age on him soon lol.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Call the vet’s office and ask if they got a weight on him. I’m guessing he’s 1.5 - 2 pounds though. :)