Fostering Pregnant Cat, just introducing ourselves!

jeapa507

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That is such good news. I am looking forward to seeing photos of the happy family.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

3rd-time-foster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just got home. Oh my goodness. The cuteness. I will sex and weight them when Millie leaves the nest for a snack or litterbox and move them into a clean box. She ate 2 of the placentas. Black long haired. Grey long haired. White and grey patches short haired. Purring Mama. So proud of her. My son said she didn't make one peep the whole labour process, not one meow!

Last edited by a moderator:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations to you and the proud Mama!!!!   Those kittens are just adorable!

jeapa507

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How can you tell the difference between long and short haired? Is it very obvious right at birth?

3rd-time-foster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The long haired ones have coats that look "wavy"; they are flattened down right now but will fluff up in a few weeks :)

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
What a relief to see them all there together looking content and healthy.   Beautiful photograph of your new fur family.  
    Congratulations to you and to the amazing mama cat Millie.  And 2 grey / grey white kittens,  
  as if all kittens weren't irrestistable grey is even more huggable than words can describe, and not only that you Millie has a little long haired grey kitty.  

I'm not sure if you will manage to get more sleep tonight or not - you might end up sitting there watching them for hours.  I suspect I would!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad everything went smoothly in the end. I was getting quite worried.
Congrats mum

3rd-time-foster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can't pry myself away. New life always amazes me and it blows my mind how maternal cats are. They've been nursing almost non stop since they were born. I can't seem to find my scale now, so I'm zipping up to Walmart for a new one. Millie has had a good meal but not yet been to the litterbox. She doesn't want to step away from them! We have out her food and litterbox in the closet also and moved Mom and babies to a clean box with fresh blankets. Everything is absolutely perfect. I think we have black male, grey female and grey and white male from my split second peek. I don't want her getting nervous so I haven't handled them more than that at this point. Will take individual pics when I weigh them tonight :) Bliss!!!

My son says she did not make a single peep during labour. What an amazing Mama! So relaxed the entire 18 hour process!

anneno2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yea!!!

It always falls to

me to throw a dampener onto the fun times, but here goes. I had the dearest brown Burmese back in 1975 and that darn cat was so human orientated that she would wait until she had a full audience before giving birth. Yes I know some of us have to work. I did to. Anyway said little Burmese Mum would finally have to give birth or bust. The first night after birthing she would then bring one kitten and push into bed with my youngest daughter Who would roll on it during the night she did it three times of four pregnancies. Talk about fun!! Millie wont do that. Regards anneno2  

3rd-time-foster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Tried to get individual pics but Millie quite nervous and they're very squirmy. Will try again tomorrow, I just want to let Millie get settled and keep her relaxed tonight :) I weighed them. Holy cow! Black and white boy 131g! Grey girl 127g, grey and white boy 125g! Awesome! They are very content, all being loved on by Millie, either nursing or sleeping :) I can finally sleep tonight!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
  They are a great size!   Millie was certainly holding on there to give these guys a good strong start in life.  

How funny that the little black and kitten is heaviest,  he looks quite small in the photos next to the grey ones.  Must be all that long gray fluff.  LoL.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Great weights! They look terrific! Don't make Millie too nervous - we can wait for better photos! Yes, enjoy a good night of sleep tonight! :)

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!!! I'm a new kitten grandma myself, my Suzie gave birth Tuesday morning at 1:00 in the morning to 4 healthy babies. Already after just 2 days old they look like they have grown are are cute little butter balls, I call them.

3rd-time-foster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise