Fostering a herd of kittens. (And mom).

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
1st time fostering kitten, 7 of them. They are 4 weeks old now and are now wanting to eat solid food. Should I let them have food at will? I’m feeding mom 9 lives canned and moistened iams kitten food. And now, apparently the kittens also. They started wanting the food yesterday. They are still nursing but seem ravenous for the solid food tho I haven’t been letting them have full access to it.

John Perram

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Canned food is a good choice to start them on. Usually it's 5 weeks you're not going to hurt the kitties.
Wet food is a great choice for cats. Helps them avoid urinary issues later in life.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Canned food is a good choice to start them on. Usually it's 5 weeks you're not going to hurt the kitties.
Wet food is a great choice for cats. Helps them avoid urinary issues later in life.
Thank you John.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Absolutely feed these kittens wet food and kitten chow as much and as often as they want!

Mom probably no longer has enough milk for all seven of them to thrive on and growing kittens are ravenous the first few months so feed them around the clock - literally!

Stock up and let them eat away!

Keep us posted! :lovecat2:

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
THEY'RE A BUNCH OF ANIMALS!!!! POOPING, PEEING, EATING, PLAYING, SLEEPING BUNCH OF LITTLE FURRY ADORABLE IDIOTS!!!!! And I swear, Gabbi is the best mom in the world.

Attachments

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You are doing such a wonderful thing for them. I love the pic of all of them nursing and the sort of shocked look on the mom's face.
Actually, I was trying to enter the room. If you notice, her foot is against the door. I nudged gently once, not knowing she was nursing. I nudged again and stuck my head in the door. I got the loud and clear message “can’t ya see I’m busy here? I came back later.

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She definitely needs some “adult time” at times. 😹
You are doing such a wonderful thing for them. I love the pic of all of them nursing and the sort of shocked look on the mom's face.
actually, I was trying to enter the room. If you notice, her foot is against the door. I nudged gently once, not knowing she was nursing. I nudged again and stuck my head in the door. I got the loud and clear message “can’t ya see I’m busy here? I came back later. 😳😂