Foster kittens with chronic soft stool

vervainandrue

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, has anyone dealt successfully with soft stools in kittens? I have 5 10-week-old foster kittens, and for weeks they have had very soft stools. I dewormed them twice with Strongid, and gave two courses of Marquis Paste in case they had coccidia. Neither did any good. They eat very high quality cat food, and I've tried switching brands of both wet and dry to no effect. I've tried dry rice baby cereal, which has worked in the past with other kitties with diarrhea, to no avail. The vet said they are young to have food intolerance. They are otherwise chubby, active little guys who are totally healthy. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a kitten whose poop was soft and barely formed. It turned out that she had Giardia (and because she had a bad UTI, this was a very stubborn case of Giardi. I had to switch her antibiotics to a stronger one. And I had to put her on 3 rounds of Panacour before the Giardia finally went away. Speak to your doctor about Panacour. It is used for both Giardia and Coccidia.

Best of luck. I hope your kitty gets better soon. 🙂