Foster Kitten Adventure (1 Sweet + 1 Feral)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
5 cats is hard but can be done if you have the resources for proper care. Just saying.......;)
Looks like a happy blending to me!!
You’re doing a fantastic job with the kitties. :clap2:
I'm strongly considering it. I feel like they really love me and my home, and the last thing they need is another uprooting or change in their lives.
I found out more about their beginnings the other day .. I knew it was a feral/hoarding situation with 40+ cats.. .But I found out they were all in cages, outside. Exposed to the elements and wild animals. In Northern Maine, in the winter. Makes my stomach feel queasy. No wonder Cribbage was messed up. Amazing that Fiddle wasn't too. Miracle they even love me and trust me so much.
:hearthrob::hearthrob:

I'd absolutely love it if someone I am close with could adopt them, but no one is really biting when I fish that suggestion. Or they already (think they) have too many cats. :p

Ugh. I just want a stable, loving life for these gals. Can I be the one to give it to them? I dunno. I am having a hard time thinking about life without them now. We've worked HARD to get them to where they are now (obviously especially Cribbage) .. I hate the thought of someone getting them and possibly setting Cribbage back because they don't have the dedication.

Gonna have to keep thinking about it.
It's not a commitment to be taken lightly.
IMG_20190303_170730_174.jpg

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it helps you any..... I have more than five. It is important to be dedicated to them but I had a pair, Sister and brother that I rescued, socialized and sent to a home I thought would be prefect. I even taught them some tricks to endear them to that particular new home. Long story short, I had to reclaim them and they were very traumatized. It took many months for them to recover. They had a hard and traumatizing start in life and then a second trauma. I could not risk another for them. I did not ever intend to keep them since I already had cats. I also ,could not part with them again now. They were so glad to see me when I recovered them! It broke my heart that they had been so afraid. The female ran into my carrier when I found her, as though to say, “Take me home!” She is laying by my shoulder now.
If you know you can provide for all their needs and your instincts tell you that they need the kind of understanding you provide, then I would still keep an open mind that the perfect family might come along, but if it doesn’t I see nothing wrong with adding them into the family. They look so happy and they have stolen your heart. That happens a lot! :catlove:

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
Liquid Doxycyline is working out really well as far as getting their medicine into them.. It is giving Cribbage REALLY liquid diarrhea tho. Adding pumpkin and probiotics to the food and crossing my fingers that things firm up for her soon...

20190307_114303.jpg

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
Once the Doxycycline is finished they should straighten out. I hope the pumpkin and probiotics will do the trick now. Poor babies. Poor you!
Thanks. Today Cribbage decided she didn't wanna eat. Maybe she didn't like the plain pumpkin mixed in, since that was the only new thing .. They ate other foods with pumpkin in them just fine. So today she missed her meds and her pumpkin and her probiotics.
Tomorrow we'll try again.

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
PS Bohemian Rhapsody was really good and there's cats in it.

:)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can’t blame her for not wanting to eat that stuff but I hope she eats it tomorrow. You really made me laugh with the video. Surprise ending! My cats like to destroy a mouse. Never get the ones that look like mice. :lol: My Dad thought it would be cute to give me a mouse shaped mouse one time. Not!
Love the video!

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
I can’t blame her for not wanting to eat that stuff but I hope she eats it tomorrow. You really made me laugh with the video. Surprise ending! My cats like to destroy a mouse. Never get the ones that look like mice. :lol: My Dad thought it would be cute to give me a mouse shaped mouse one time. Not!
Love the video!
Today Cribbage ate breakfast, and Fiddle didn't want to.

TWO FREE WEIRD FELINES AVAILABLE TO A GOOD HOME!!! OR ANY HOME!!

Just kidding. But omg.
:rolleyes2:

They've always been obsessed with their wet food so this is just a tad frustrating.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well...... it’s not really unusual since they are on Doxycycline. Cribbage ate today out of hunger. The medicine affects their tummies, appetites, etc. Hopefully they will act normally with their food when it doesn’t have things added to it. I know it is frustrating though. Hang in there!

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
I have really mixed feelings.

Honestly, I'm not trying to sabotage it.

However, I have made up my mind that if it doesn't seem right, I'm going to adopt them.

But maybe she will be perfect!

I'll report back tonite.

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
Chick canceled meeting them tonite, said possibly Wednesday.

#mixedfeelings

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
The gal was going to come Wed but I had a fever and sore throat and actually forgot all about her, so I had to cancel when she texted me...
She's supposed to come meet them tomorrow.

I put a poll on my Facebook asking my friends if I should just adopt them. I mostly did it for fun, AND because I thought it would be a landslide "Nooooo!!"
3 hours in, 75 votes so far I've got 63 "yeh" and 12 "naw".
Honestly I'm a little shocked. People I thought FOR SURE would put me in the loony bin for even thinking about it, are actually all for it and even offering to help.
:eek2:

So if the gal doesn't 100% strike me as perfect for their needs, I'll be adopting them.
BUT if she truly seems like the best mom for them, I will let them go.
And if they do go with her and it doesn't work out, they can always come back to me. I don't care if it's a week, or a month, or many years from meow.

20190323_202404.jpg

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok so the girl who wanted to meet them just visited with her boyfriend.

It was a little awkward because the little gals hid behind me and stayed super close to me for most of it.

But they did finally play a little bit with them toward the end of the visit.

The boyfriend mentioned other places she could adopt a cat from.

I didn't get a vibe either way as to whether or not they're really interested, which is sort of troubling. Because these gals need 100% commitment and understanding.

Ugh.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok so the girl who wanted to meet them just visited with her boyfriend.

It was a little awkward because the little gals hid behind me and stayed super close to me for most of it.

But they did finally play a little bit with them toward the end of the visit.

The boyfriend mentioned other places she could adopt a cat from.

I didn't get a vibe either way as to whether or not they're really interested, which is sort of troubling. Because these gals need 100% commitment and understanding.

Ugh.
Gosh darn it :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm keeping them.
IMG_20190401_205913_984.jpg

It wasn't the original goal when we met.
But things change.
And it's a very happy ending.

:)

(PS yes I know it's April Fools Day and I had a really fun day messing with people on Facebook with various tall tales, but this is real haha)