Foster Kitten Adventure (1 Sweet + 1 Feral)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
Just when I didn't think it was possible to love my boy Alasdair more than I already did.....
IMG_20190212_093902_204.jpg
I walked in to close the kiddenz in the bedroom for the day, and he's just sitting there strait chillin' with 'em. My heart is pudding right meow. A big glob of friggen drippy sloppy pudding.

Door is staying open, I don't even care what they break around the house while I'm at work today.

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
This is actually hysterical, because even though he never *said* it, I know damn well that Boyfie had reservations about my fostering adventure.
:flail:

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
Cribbage started my Valentine's Day by jumping up by my head to get pettinz and give purr-purrz.
IMG_20190214_083411_430.jpg
Well, and beg for breakfast if we're honest.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you!!

View attachment 272904
A friend sent them 20 peacock feathers off their wish list, they're sooooo excited! Definitely their favorite toy. I'm gonna have to send some along with them whenever they go to their forever home! :) (and we don't really play with them all at once like this, it was just for the pic. But they killed the one we did play with in 20 minutes flat.)
:heartshape:They are so sweet, I'm so glad they are happy with you. Are they going to be able to stay together in a forever home? :vibes::vibes::crossfingers:

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
My Tallulah was teaching Fiddle the art of the Resting Bitch Face
IMG_20190224_183418_822.jpg

And now Cribbage has joined the class.
IMG_20190224_185957_392.jpg

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
So, Fiddle has been really congested and goopy and sneezy.. We set up a vet visit for her. Cribbage has been a little sneezy too, but I wasn't even gonna attempt to put her in a carrier ...
Until she just walked in when I had it out.
I shut the door fast and asked our shelter's kitten coordinator if I should bring her along Answer was YES!
IMG_20190228_124546_272.jpg

I was pretty nervous about setting her back, but I did want her to be seen, so off we went.

Fiddle has a funny stress-meow. It's so sharp it sounded like I had a puppy in the car! I don't like dogs. :p

Fiddle was pretty good during her exam, but definitely wanted to leave after. 20190228_145720.jpg

Cribbage did (reluctantly) allow the vet to weigh her, but then she flipped out and ran back into the carrier so that was it.

When we got home, Cribbage hid for exactly one minute, and then came out purring and doing her signature swishy happy tail. Fiddle hid a while.

Both gals got Rx'd a 50mg capsule of Doxycyline (with a 3ml water chaser) every day for 2 weeks.

Ugggghh. Poor sick kitties. And they're gonna hate meeee.
We'll start the course tomorrow, they've already been thru enough for today.

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok, so I got Fiddle's capsule & water shot into her.. I had to wrap her in a towel. And she's pretty mad at me.
Awesome, by the end of this I'll probably have to socialize *her*.

But there is no freakin' way this pill happening with Cribbage. I've tried for over a half hour just to get the pill and failed--I don't even see how I'd get the shot of water into her mouth if she's resisting the pill this much. I tried my hand and the little pill shooter. She simply refuses to be restrained. Honestly it was a little easier medicating her when she was scared out of her wits and just cornered herself and froze in terror.

Friiiiiiiig.

Can I open the Doxycyline capsule and stir it into her wet food? She looooooves her wet food.

I guess I'll ask my boss at work (pharmacy) today because this thread doesn't get a whole lotta interaction.
:/

Last edited:

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok so my boss said try it.

I opened a capsule and tasted it, it's pretty bitter.
I stirred in extra fishy food.
She ate it all up.

Kitten coordinator is going to look into the compounding pharmacy a couple towns over to make a liquid.

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
Goddammit. I'm catching feelings.

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
Pilling is NOT going well.
Hopefully getting liquid made by the compounding pharmacy tomorrow.
They really aren't gonna love that either, but..

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
So this evening I sorta tricked Cribbage into coming up on my lap by waving a favorite toy over it... A few minutes later, she actually carried the toy up onto my lap and had a nice long love session for close to a half hour.

So that's that, I guess she goes on my lap now.

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
Fiddle wouldn't eat breakfast and I'd just pilled her. She threw up the contents of the pill all over the apartment.
20190304_070604.jpg
Poor sick baby. :(

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
So this morning when I was petting Cribbage in bed, I noticed that her hangy primordial pouch thingy feels like two round .. Well, boobs. Like two boobs. Whaaa is that normal? The last cat I had with a hangy primordial pouch it just felt like flappy flat bits on either side.

Can anyone help solve this mystery?

Is it swollen mammary stuff? It's only where the primordial pouch would be, not all over ..
Could she be Fiddle's mom? She does weigh two pounds more..

I'll try and get pics later.

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
PS we got a liquid Doxycyline compound made because Fiddle kept puking out the capsules.
IMG_20190304_071010_481.jpg

IMG_20190305_054136_400.jpg
Cool place, I'm going to send them my resume.