Former-mother Cat Has Milk, But No Kittens To Feed

pay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi!! i have a mom who lost her kittens (possibly due to not feeding them, or fading kitten syndrome :c), but she still has milk in her, and it's creating like.. sacks of milk on her?? i guess.
i don't know what to do, especially considering that my mom doesn't want to take any of our cats to the vet, and i'm too young to take them myself.
i have five other kittens but none of them are still nursing, so that isn't an option either.
so, what can i do?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mom's milk will dry up.

Where are you located? We can help you to find a low cost clinic for spaying and neutering. It's not healthy for your cats to be having litter after litter.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If she were a good momma, an option could be to let her be foster momma. But you hint she wasnt terribly good... so spaying as soon you can manage it is the best here.

Ariel2611

Proud Mommy to Ariel and Snowy :-)
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awww - you sound like a huge cat lover!
Like the others said you need to get her spayed so she can't/does not have any more babies as this is increasing the population of cats and also increases the amount of cats/kittens in shelters. This increase means more money, resources and carers are needed which can lead to many cats and kittens dying/being put down by animal shelters even before they have even experience life! Please spay her. You could contact your local vets, an animal charity (such as cats protection) or even look for animal (cat) clinics near you. If you are really worried about the financial aspect ask your local vet if he/she can sort out a payment plan where you pay it off bit by bit. I would highly suggest staying local so you can drop off, pick up and/or take you cat to the vet if anything goes wrong.
Good Luck!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can put a warm, wet wash cloth on her belly several times a day. It will help relieve some of the swelling.

It takes about 2 weeks for her milk to dry up.

What's your city and state?

I'll find a low-cost spay clinic for you to get her fixed.

Otherwise, she'll be pregnant again soon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ah, okay. thank you all for the advice! i'll make sure to put warm, wet wash cloth on her belly.
for those asking, i live in greenwood, delaware.