Formalities to bring a cat in Ukraine from EU?

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Not sure where to post this.

Is anyone aware about formalities to cross the Ukrainian border with a cat (by car)?

My search on the internet returns inconclusive results. Apparently, the only official info is in Ukraine, but I do not know the language :-(.

Thank you very much! Really appreciate your help!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe the following will help?

Here is a guidance document discussing the rules for pet travel into Ukraine. Even though this is a US document, it looks like this discusses general regulations (not specific to cats originating from the US):

It is from the US government's official info page for pet travel from the US to Ukraine

AlohaGirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. Unfortunately I do not know the specifics involved with transporting a cat out of Ukraine, but I can confirm from personal experience that it is 100% possible to import a cat from Ukraine into the US. I have two Siberians from a breeder here in the US and she handpicked many of her queens and studs from some fantastic breeders located in both Ukraine and Russia. I am sorry I cannot be of more help on the process by which she got them into the US, but I assume it is likely not too hard given the number of absolutely beautiful and genetically sound cats she has in her breeding program.