Forgive me Ichi

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Today I lost Ichi. He has been sick since May 29. The vet said it was viral but after spending over $100, I think it was the wrong diagnosis. Ichi developed mouth sores. I told the vet to check the mouth area but she said it was normal. 
 Then I got sick, there was a storm, and then my senior Joji passed away. I called the vet but she went on sick leave. 

I should have driven thru stormy weather, with a high fever to another, more experienced vet. But I didn't. 

Ichi was 5 years old. 

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh no!!. You still grieving over Joji and now this 

How on earth can mouth sores be normal?!.  Is this your normal vet as well?.

Don't punish yourself. We like to think we can trust our vets at all times, but l know l would be firing some questions at him?

Play happily at the bridge with Joji, Ichi 

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no.....
...I am so sorry.  It's so hard to loose one and then to go through it all again so shortly.

Take comfort they are together.

Life just hits us so hard sometimes.....

God Bless.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yayi I am so so sorry. Youy do not deserve this, but please do not beat yourself up. It is too easy with hindsight to think 'I should have.... ' but we cannot know the future, and you did all that was reasonable. My heart is with you.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry - it's really tough losing two so close together, and Ichi was so young. You don't know if another vet could have helped Ichi, so please don't be so hard on yourself.

RIP, Ichi, run and play with Joji.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 <3((((((((^^))))))))<3 beautiful Ichi!  Forever Loved, and now whole, healthy, free, and watching over you with Juji and the Rainbow Bridge until you are reunited in due time.

I am so very sorry for your losses! and I hope and pray you are able to find another vet.  That one doesn't sound like (s)he should be in practice.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
AWWW sweetie :sniffle: I am deeply sorry for you losing your beautiful :rbheart: Ichi :rbheart: Please know you are in my thoughts. :hugs: So much all at once, life can be so hard :shame: It is especially hard when these illnesses come out of the blue like that. Ichi :rbheart: will be with you always in your memories and in your heart. :angel:

Fly Freely :rbheart: Ichi :rbheart: :angel3:

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Maria, losing two so close together! Lots of comforting :hugs: from me and the kitties send :rub: .

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My heart is breaking for you, it is just SO hard!!!! But hun, as the others have said, you simply cannot beat yourself up. And there's just no way to know he could have been treated by someone with more experience. While it's natural to think and wonder about these things, I KNOW Ichi doesn't want you to look back and wonder, "what if." :heart2: :heart2: :heart2: :heart2: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: Ichi had a wonderful life, left you with MANY wonderful memories, and is now with Joji. :angel3: :angel3:

I know it hurts. And I'm just so sorry. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry about Ichi.  How tragic that this happened so quickly after the loss of Joji.  Sending you many hugs.