For Ziggy

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think anyone on this site would think that getting another cat is a way replacing a loved friend. I think bringing in another cat to help your remaining kitty deal with loss is a beautiful act and you are saving another little soul. I view it as a living tribute to your Ziggy. She was loved and always will be,  

Last edited:

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone who knows better knows there is no such thing as "replacing" a pet. It's impossible. And I agree, people here fall into the category of "knowing better".

I adopted Pea-Pea just under three weeks after Lucky died. I can guarantee, without a doubt, she was not a replacement. She has made her own place in our family, but in no way, shape or manner did we ever consider her a replacement.

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't anyone on this site would think that getting another cat is a way replacing a loved friend. I think bringing in another cat to help your remaining kitty deal with loss is a beautiful act and you are saving another little soul. I view it as a living tribute to your Ziggy. She was loved and always will be,  
I could not have said it any better [emoji]10084[/emoji]️

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree that adopting a new fur kid after a loss is not a replacement for the one we lost. I personally believe that giving a new fur kid a home after a loss is a great way to honor the memory of the one we lost. The new fur kid will have their own personality and relationship with the fur parents. If anyone tells you that you are trying to replace Ziggy then they are wrong. You are giving another baby the chance to have loving and secure home and honoring the love you shared with Ziggy. You are also helping Komere find a new normal while she is greiving her loss. Some kitties need another kitty play mate after loss,

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katocats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you, its your kind words that make this site