For those who were here five years ago....

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Doesn't seem that long......actually it's been about five and a half years, somewhere around the first of April, 2005 when Charlie and I opened Happy Face Bakery and Catering......a lot of you were here then to celebrate with us, and a lot of you weren't....to say the least, it was exciting for us starting a new business venture!

But, I wanted to drop in and share with you, my friends, that as of last Friday, October 1, 2010, we closed the doors on this chapter of our lives. I've been working two jobs since Jan. 2009 trying to keep things going until the economy got better, but we've stood it as long as we can.... might need to pray for my sweet husband though, not only is he about to have to start looking for another job, he's dealing with having to close down his dream- owning a bakery and eating establishment.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry!!

My husband owns his own company also, and business has been terrible lately. He's struggling, trying to decide between sticking it out hoping for it to get better in the future once we move, or just shutting the doors now and looking for work elsewhere. It's a hard decision to make.

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope things start to look up soon for you! Just because it has closed now doesn't mean you can't reopen once the economy settles.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do remember that. You were both so brave to undertake it, and you beat the odds for a good long time, even as the economy was being driven off a cliff. To survive for so long, you must be truly excellent at this! I hope you will try again once the recovery really takes hold.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember when you started your business. I echo many thoughts that perhaps when the economy improves you can restart your business.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wasn't here 5 years ago, but I did want to say how sorry I am to read this and can only imagine how devastated you and your family must be.
I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason however. Times are tough, keep your chin up hun. Things WILL get better.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is really sad news. I hope things will start looking up for you both but this economy is hurting so many by losing their dreams.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cindy, I'm so sorry to hear this. It was a wonderful dream, and I hope it can be again, when the economy turns around. Meanwhile, many
for both of you, and I hope Charlie doesn't have trouble finding a job.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear this, Cindy, and am sending lots of positive your way and Charlie's that this temporary bump is of very short duration.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wasn't active when this was happening, but I agree with Carol. If you'd made it this long after things fell off a cliff, you must be excellent at baking & managing the business.
I hope this next chapter is short, and we'll be celebrating the reopening soon!

for you both!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember the excitement, Cindy.

But you haven't stopped making those sweet rolls?