For those of you that feed wet, low carb/high protein: Share your current rotation!

Uncled

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Friskies classic pate,all flavors Poultry Platter is a favorite, Tiny Tiger, chicken ,beef, Turkey and giblets again pate also Heart to Tail from Aldi the 3ounce pate variety, I think they would eat dust if I put it in a bowl they are not fussy.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Adding on nutrisource Turkey select canned. Odd that it's one of the few that does not contain chickpeas.

LadyLondonderry

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
a.m. Wellness Complete Health Beef & Salmon
p.m. Redbarn Naturals Lamb Pate

plus an occasional meal of Primal Pork Nuggets, for which Sylvie goes gaga!

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 3 cats. 1 is on all home made raw and the other 2 get canned for breakfast and raw for dinner. They split a 5.5oz can for breakfast. My rotation is as follows:

Rawz Rabbit
Hound and Gatos Rabbit
Hound and Gatos Chicken
Dr. Elsey's Turkey
Dr. Elsey's Chicken
Redbarn Naturals Turkey
Holistic Select Ocean Fish and Tuna
Evangers Holistic Select Quail Dinner

All are pates because they are the best bang for your buck calorie wise.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Rawz - Turkey pate, rabbit pate, shredded chicken and chicken liver, shredded chicken and duck
Feline Natural- Venison and beef
Hound and Gatos- Turkey and liver, chicken and liver
Tiki cat puka puka luau: Succulent chicken
Ziwipeak- Beef and venison

I would like to try tiki after dark I live in Toronto and can't seem to find it anywhere.
Where did you buy the rawz shredded? I cannot find it online

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where did you buy the rawz shredded? I cannot find it online
I buy it from a local store... but then Rawz is pretty much local for me so a lot of our stores sell it. You could ask an independent store to order some for you. They apparently make it in two can sizes, 3 oz. and 5.5 oz. Our cats weren't thrilled with the chicken/duck as leftovers but we'll see how they do with chicken/liver, which they just tried (and really loved) last night. (They loved the chicken/duck the first time around, too, though!)

Buffster7

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Love this thread! I'm always looking for ideas of higher quality foods as one of my boys is very picky, yet also gets bored with his food quickly. Pet food stores around here cater to dogs; cat food is usually relegated to one or two shelves, so I have to order online. Now that Only Natural Pets no longer sells food by the can, are there any other online retailers who sell some of the better quality foods by the can so we can try them without buying a whole case?

My current rotation is:
Merrick rabbit
Merrick surf + turf
I and Love and You rabbit
Fromm lamb pate
Nulo beef
Weruva Slide 'n Serve pates

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm always trying to figure out foods that are lower carb, higher protein and in my budget so this thread is great for finding suggestions!

Currently I have Nutro grain free Perfect Portions chicken /turkey/liver flavors- but I want cans in at least 5.5 ounces instead of all the little containers to decrease what I throw away/recycle.
Also have started Merrick BackCountry grain free Rabbit, and Merrick Grammy's Pot Pie.
And, I make homemade food to mix with the commercial wet food per Lisa Pierson cat food recipe.
I do also feed dry for now (knowing it's not the best) and that is Merrick Backcountry Raw Infused Game Bird Recipe.
So far they love them all.

lisamarie12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I try to stick with lower phosphorus foods for my two nine year old cats, for the most part they are currently eating:

Some Weruva, Soulistic & Life's Abundance (chick/turkey), and some raw for one cat.

I have a list of ingredients that I avoid (and companies that I don't trust) so my choice of canned foods are far and few; both cats have different health issues as well so this balance of brands has been working out. There are other foods, e.g., Rawz, that I hoped would be part of the cats rotation, however, for all the times I tried, it was money down the drain, unfortunately.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I just ordered evangers quail from chewy. Only 3 ingredients. Expensive but chewy will give you a refund if they do not like. It will be once a week. Half a can in the morning so that helps with the price. Also because it is low in fat compared to dr elseys.
Evangers5
Dr elseys 8

Last edited:

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Found out some of the ingredients in Tiny Tiger are imported from china, so not getting that anymore. Also found out that the "meat byproducts" is pork trim. Really disappointed since pork is not listed anywhere in the ingredients and that could be bad for Cats that have issues with it. My Cats suddenly decided they didn't like Kasiks, so not getting that anymore either.

Found out Balanced Blends massively changed their formula and completely got rid of any plant based ingredients, and replaced bone with calcium suppliments.

Balanced Blends raw chicken
Tiki Cat after dark chicken and quail egg
Tiki Cat chicken in chicken consomme (why don't they just say broth?)

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Homemade ....pretty undercooked turkey & chicken using U-stew, sometimes beef.. only turkey . only chicken, etc

Tiki cat after dark - chicken w quail egg, chicken w lamb

Tiki cat succulent chicken w chicken egg

Tiki cat aloha friends as an occasional topper.

No treats. I give bits of whatever she's eating for the day as a treat or plain meat or egg, if I have boiled eggs on hand.
IMG_20200421_112909558.jpg

Hoping to add raw somewhere here in the future but that's the current lowdown. I don't have access nor funds for organic super high quality meat I'd feel comfortable not cooking so.. That's not happening anytime soon I don't think unless I find a commercial one worth it's price point with zero gums thickeners, plant matter or high bone and what have you.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Dr. Elsey's Ocean Whitefish.
Feline Natural's Venison & Chicken.
Feline Natural's Beef & Hoki.
Evanger's Wild Caught Salmon (they will only get this as long as their next two meals are one of the above as it is not a complete meal).
Vital Essentials' frozen raw rabbit.

They are very finicky with canned food and get bored quickly. Sometimes we have to put their food up on their table and let them graze on it throughout the day because they didn't want it or finish it lol Hopefully sometime this year I can start making homemade raw as they prefer raw over canned, and 9 times out of 10 they usually clean their plates in one go if given raw.

Vega's Dad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
BrandFlavor
Holistic SelectGrain Free Chicken Pâté Recipe
Grain Free Turkey Pâté Recipe
Grain Free Chicken Liver & Lamb Pâté Recipe
Grain Free Turkey & Salmon Pâté Recipe
Grain Free Ocean Fish & Tuna Pâté Recipe
Grain Free Chicken Pâté Recipe
Grain Free Chicken Liver & Lamb Pâté Recipe
Grain Free Turkey Pâté Recipe
Nature's HarvestADULT CHICKEN GRAIN FREE
ADULT DUCK GRAIN FREE
ADULT TURKEY GRAIN FREE
GO! SOLUTIONSFIT + FREE Grain Free Chicken, Turkey + Duck Pâté Recipe
DAILY DEFENCE Turkey Pâté Recipe
CARNIVORE Grain Free Minced Lamb + Wild Boar Recipe
CARNIVORE Grain Free Chicken, Turkey + Duck Pâté
SKIN + COAT CARE Minced Chicken Recipe
SKIN + COAT CARE Salmon Pâté
Whole Earth FarmsGRAIN FREE REAL TURKEY RECIPE (PATE)
GRAIN FREE RECIPE REAL DUCK RECIPE (PATE)
BorealBoreal Cobb Chicken, New Zealand Lamb & Angus Beef
Boreal Cobb Chicken, Atlantic Salmon & Canadian Duck
Boreal Cobb Chicken And Heritage Turkey
Boreal Cobb Chicken And Canadian Duck
Boreal Cobb Chicken And Chicken Liver
Boreal Cobb Chicken And Atlantic Salmon
Canada FreshChicken

stitch&luna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm always switching out the rotation when it comes around to ordering more food. The current rotation consists of:
Wellness-Turkey, Chicken & Herring, Turkey & Salmon and Chicken
Merrick- Duck, Turkey and Chicken
Halo- Chicken Stew and Turkey & Giblets
Miko- Variety Packs from chewy
Landmark- Variety pack from chewy
Stella & Chewy's- Turkey
Primal- Chicken & Salmon

Thought i would also add the dry food..
Dry- Instinct Rabbit

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also found out that the "meat byproducts" is pork trim. Really disappointed since pork is not listed anywhere in the ingredients and that could be bad for Cats that have issues with it. My Cats suddenly decided they didn't like Kasiks, so not getting that anymore either.
I think that most of "meat by products" in cat's food is pork. Eg. fancy feast classic pate and other that contain by products are full of pork. There's no requirement to name the meat in by products, unfortunately.

jamie_02

1 kitty ; 1 year old cat named quinn <3
Young Cat
Purraise
atm quinn is eating

animonda vom feinsten [lamb flavour, dislikes beef and rarely eats the chicken one]
feringa classic meat menu trays
blink pouches
lilys kitchen

we’re gonna try her on rosie’s farm and tigeria soon

her appetite has just come back after a month or so of eating less and less [she was checked by vets, is in perfect health, must’ve been heat as she isn’t spayed until jan 7th] so honestly we’re just giving her foods she 100% loves, she seems to only like tray food, which is no issue with me as i find it much easier haha, canned foods like carny n feringa in cans seems a lot dryer than the trays so :think:

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
jamie_02 jamie_02
Those are good foods. I feed my guys as part of their rotation the Animonda trays.
As a kitten - my now three year old had Animonda baby pates and then the kitten pates.
As adults, they are eating mostly the pure turkey, turkey and trout + turkey with hearts.
I would like to try our Rosie's Farm as well.

Forgot to add my rotation : currently mostly
Animonda Vom Feinsten
Wellness Core
Almo Nature
Meowing Heads
(am in Europe)