For those of you that feed wet, low carb/high protein: Share your current rotation!

GretaHoney

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Would love to hear what you have in your rotation right now. I am currently feeding a rotation of the following:
  • Dr. Elsey’s Clean Protein- chicken and turkey pates
  • Tiki Cat after dark
  • Miko- chicken variety
  • Redbarn Naturals lamb pate
  • Weruva- Fowl Ball and Chicken Frick ‘A Zee
  • Holistic Select- chicken pate
  • Fancy Feast classic turkey and giblets
  • Rawz- chicken and turkey pates

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats are very picky on wet food.

I only give them on rotation below:

- Purina Felix Fish Selection with Sauce or Meaty Selection in Jelly (although they prefer the one with sauce)

- Sheba Tuna (Only Bourbon likes this, though. The others would just wrinkle their noses and leave, their butts slowly disappearing from my view. Such snobs!)

- Fancy Feast variety (Only Graham and Bourbon like this.)

ModernCatLady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Rawz - Turkey pate, rabbit pate, shredded chicken and chicken liver, shredded chicken and duck
Feline Natural- Venison and beef
Hound and Gatos- Turkey and liver, chicken and liver
Tiki cat puka puka luau: Succulent chicken
Ziwipeak- Beef and venison

I would like to try tiki after dark I live in Toronto and can't seem to find it anywhere.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our cats also like some of the new Weruva/BFF "Play" pates and pouches. The carbs vary a little but aren't bad. They also love Nutro Natural Choice chunky chicken loaf, which is also pretty low-carb. And they love Sheba pates as well.

Anoxia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Fancy Feast Classic Chicken & Turkey and Giblets
Holistic Select Chicken
NOW Fresh Minced Chicken
Weruva Chicken Frick A' Zee
Feline Natural Chicken and Vension
Ziwi Peak Lamb

I've tried to introduce various Tiki and Rawz textures and flavors but they either don't like it or get melted-ice-cream consistency poops from it. :doh:

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I mostly feed commercial frozen raw these days (Darwin's, Natural Pet Pantry, Wild Coast Raw - last two available only in Seattle area to my knowledge) so finally my canned food rotation is smaller as I don't really have enough space to keep so many cases of wet food to ensure canned rotation that my cats need...they are less picky with raw. But over the last year my canned rotation consisted of the following (all pate texture):
- Rawz: Rabbit, Turkey - main canned that we use
- Dr Elsey: Beef, Turkey
- Hound&Gatos: Lamb, Rabbit
- Essence - Air&Waterfowl, Ranch&Meadow
- Pure Vita
- Instinct Venison
- Koha
- ZiwiPeak Lamb
- Merrick Purrfect Bistro Rabbit - they love it so much
- Meat Mates lamb
- Redbarn lamb
- American Journey poultry variety pack - it's the only chicken (apart from fancy Feast) that one of my cats would eat
- Fancy Feast classic pate, then FF Naturals
- Tiny Tiger turkey - they loved one batch then hated the next one
- BFF Chicken&Lamb and Turkey&Lamb
- Only Natural Pet - Rabbit&Pork but then I realized their cans are only 5.3oz and it messes with my cats portions quantity
- Kiwi Venison - it's too expensive for rotation but they always get it for special occasions like birthdays, move, after vet visits etc. They love it soo much.
- for very occasional fish they get some Weruwa and Kaikoa (they have crazy exotic meat choices but all with salmon, my cats go nuts for every can they ever tried).

Unfortunately, almost all of these options have gums which I wanted to avoid but I found it impossible if I wanted to have a big rotation (and that was a must before I started feeding raw regularly), some have peas which I also hate in the cats' food (Redbarn lamb, ZiwiPeak, Instinct), some have too much veggies to my liking (American Journey), but it is what it is.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
Friskies- Poultry Platter
Friskies- Turkey and Giblets
Friskies- Ocean Whitefish and Tuna (occasionally)
Tiny Tiger- Beef
Tiny Tiger- Turkey
Fancy Feast- all pate varieties, including the Gourmet Naturals

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Olive eats
  • Rawz Duck Pate
  • Rawz rabbit pate
  • Fromm Chicken and Duck pate
  • Life’s Abundance Pork and Duck pate
  • Life’s Abundance instinctive choice pate
  • Primal nuggets
Gohan eats Caru chicken stew for a week and then Caru turkey stew the next week

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I mostly feed commercial frozen raw these days (Darwin's, Natural Pet Pantry, Wild Coast Raw - last two available only in Seattle area to my knowledge) so finally my canned food rotation is smaller as I don't really have enough space to keep so many cases of wet food to ensure canned rotation that my cats need...they are less picky with raw. But over the last year my canned rotation consisted of the following (all pate texture):
- Rawz: Rabbit, Turkey - main canned that we use
- Dr Elsey: Beef, Turkey
- Hound&Gatos: Lamb, Rabbit
- Essence - Air&Waterfowl, Ranch&Meadow
- Pure Vita
- Instinct Venison
- Koha
- ZiwiPeak Lamb
- Merrick Purrfect Bistro Rabbit - they love it so much
- Meat Mates lamb
- Redbarn lamb
- American Journey poultry variety pack - it's the only chicken (apart from fancy Feast) that one of my cats would eat
- Fancy Feast classic pate, then FF Naturals
- Tiny Tiger turkey - they loved one batch then hated the next one
- BFF Chicken&Lamb and Turkey&Lamb
- Only Natural Pet - Rabbit&Pork but then I realized their cans are only 5.3oz and it messes with my cats portions quantity
- Kiwi Venison - it's too expensive for rotation but they always get it for special occasions like birthdays, move, after vet visits etc. They love it soo much.
- for very occasional fish they get some Weruwa and Kaikoa (they have crazy exotic meat choices but all with salmon, my cats go nuts for every can they ever tried).

Unfortunately, almost all of these options have gums which I wanted to avoid but I found it impossible if I wanted to have a big rotation (and that was a must before I started feeding raw regularly), some have peas which I also hate in the cats' food (Redbarn lamb, ZiwiPeak, Instinct), some have too much veggies to my liking (American Journey), but it is what it is.
WOW! That's a lot!

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Rawz - Turkey pate, rabbit pate, shredded chicken and chicken liver, shredded chicken and duck
Feline Natural- Venison and beef
Hound and Gatos- Turkey and liver, chicken and liver
Tiki cat puka puka luau: Succulent chicken
Ziwipeak- Beef and venison

I would like to try tiki after dark I live in Toronto and can't seem to find it anywhere.
What is the nutritional value of the Rawz shredded?

TheCatDaddy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat eats dry. Friskies which is what she was fed when I met her as a young stray. It made her skin scaley and itchy. She would rip out all her hair on her back, which caused a sun burn in the Phoenix summer, which only made matters worse. She is extremely allergic to something in that food. She refused to eat the LID the vet suggested both rabbit and green pea and venison and chickpea. I switched her to Cat Chow. Such a crap food but all her hair grew back. She still vomits maybe once or twice a week. Which I suspect could be related to allergies. I want to get her a high quality food.

What are the benefits of wet vs dry? I've only fed her fancy feast once and she threw it up almost immediately lol. What are some high quality LID wet varieties that she may enjoy that won't upset her delicate system. Her rough life as a kitten has made her the most co-dependent former stray in existence. I live her dearly please help.

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in a desperate state about this. The first few months of 2019 I was going between N&D wet foods and Naturea Chicken. Hima first decided she was done with N&D (can't blame her. there was no consistency in their wet food.) Couple months later she was done with Naturea. That was and is really bad news for me because it had the simplest formula in a wet food and was in mousse texture like Hima demands. I tried Purina Gourmet Gold pates (https://www.purina.co.uk/cat/gourmet/product-range/goldand) it works but only for one meal a day at most. I think Hima finds it too greasy - she doesn't handle fat well.

For the last few months she's been eating Pro Plan Delicate canned food. No problem with it but it's just a matter of time she will get bored of its taste. Purina Pro Plan Delicate 24 x 85g

I got Nutri Feline turkey and rabbit but it was both gel-like greasy and too hard in texture for a pate. Hima reacts badly to both so I didn't even try and gave it to the strays. (One of them also didn't eat it. This is also a test for me. If one of the three strays I feed rejects a food, it's almost for sure Hima will too.) Animonda Vom Feinsten Vom Feinsten | animonda petcare gmbh also seemed a bit off but I might try it in the future. Schesir Bio organic https://www.schesir.com/en/?product-cat=bio-chickenmade her throw up the food couple hours later undigested I blame its gel form. That was also when I decided Hima probably can't digest gel comfortably.

I will soon try Pro Plan Gastrointestinal prescription wet food only because that's one of the rare pate form foods from a known brand. If not, I'll try to use a blender to make a pate with Pro Plan chunky turkey or Royal Canin Sensitive digestion chunky.

The others seem too unknown or the ingredients are ridiculous with exotic fruits and such. This is one of the websites I shop from the most. Konserve Kedi Maması, Çeşitleri ve Fiyatları | PetBurada

Well this became more "what I can't rotate with", just in case it might help..

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sheba Pate
Tiny Tiger Pate
American Journey Pate
Nature's Variety Instinct
Weruva Slide N Serve
Soulistic Hydrating Pate

I think that's all right now! :lol:

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll add Purine ProPlan Chicken and Turkey and Weruva Fowl Ball. We need to feed Emerson more than we currently are feeding him, so he will get a full can of the Fowl Ball for a few meals per week.

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
Willow eats raw. I don't eat meat so I really appreciate this thread. Our old rotation was:

Stella & Chewy's chicken
Stella & Chewy's duck duck goose
Stella & Chewy's rabbit

plus whole feeder mice and rats as many times a week as I could afford.

I just switched to EZcomplete. The freezer is currently stuffed with 20 lbs of $1/lb "dog meat" (beef), chicken, turkey, and rat. She also gets crickets once in awhile, Blue Buffalo chicken if she needs a lunch while we're out and about, and Friskies Pate or Fancy Feast chicken just frequently enough that she will recognize and accept them as food in times of financial necessity.

I'm still hoping to find local sources of humanely raised an euthanized meats, especially rabbit, but I'm kind of a dork because I've always fed kibble before and never needed to know about meat.