For The 60 Kitty Lives Lost In Ca Sanctuary In Woolsey Fire

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
‘We’ve got to go or we’re going to die here.” Former Sacramento deputy barely escapes Malibu blaze

Spunkys Rescue Ranch was a dream come true for many a cat. They had their own house with large enclosed yard. There were 100 cats but only 40 were able to be evacuated.

Poor, poor kitties.....2 Siamese were very recently pulled from the euth list in the L.A. County shelter in Lancaster. It is unknown if they were among the 40 who made it out alive.

Godspeed and tailwinds west, precious spirits. You are out of danger now - nothing can harm you again. You have returned to The Creator, to be with the ancestors and those yet to be born...but please know that back here on earth, our joyous hearts that celebrated your rescues are now crushed with sorrow at your tragedy....

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sad. I've been wondering about all the animals in those fires. Some have made it and been rounded up. I saw an article somewhere about cats being reunited with their owners. If I had to evacuate, the first thing I would think of is my kitties. But 100 of them overwhelming.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sad. I've been wondering about all the animals in those fires. Some have made it and been rounded up. I saw an article somewhere about cats being reunited with their owners. If I had to evacuate, the first thing I would think of is my kitties. But 100 of them overwhelming.
It is truly one of the saddest situations about these fires. A big concern for me would be evacuating my ferals.
As for the Spunkys kitties, at least they lived a good life until that fateful day. I find myself wondering if some of them would have been better off being PTS at the shelter. It was the same dilemma in helping the shelter cats in GA get pulled during hurricane season.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor little souls, unable to flee from hell on Earth :bawling:

I also think of all those innocent creatures that didn't make it in the forests. So many wild animals lost their lives because they were too old, too young, too slow, to sick to save their lives.
May heaven welcome you as you deserve!

Just a month or so ago a cat shelter over here in Italy was set to fire overnight by some wicked person, and 100 cats were burned alive :bawling:

Last edited:

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Antonio65 Antonio65 : :argh::bawling2:What an atrocious crime to set fire to a cat shelter - those poor kitties! My father's people have a tradition that to kill a feline or a coyote or wolf was akin to murder & that the manner of the killing was to determine the killer's suffering at their own death. I have seen in happen twice - the circumstances, while different, caused similar pain. It would be interesting, and perhaps prophylactic, to track and publicize these criminals and their own demise based upon the crime.:cloudy:
:heartshape: I feel for the Italian shelter's community who had the love, dedication and compassion to rescue 100 cats. May Heaven send them the resources and the healing of heart to rebuild the shelter and resume their rescue work.:soldier: Prayers and vibes that the perpetrator/s' threat of harm is neutralized & that Heaven has welcomed 100 kitty spirits into a great reward. :vibes::vibes::rbheart::vibes::catlove:

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish the perpetrators die the same death that the poor kitties had! :angryfire:

It isn't the first time that this thing happens, it happened the same thing about 12 years ago somewhere else. It's obvious that someone deeply dislikes what those volunteers do for those unlucky feral and stray cats.

I managed to find some photos of that shelter, many more are available on the web with the keywords "gattile rho" (Rho is the town where the shelter was).

Gattile Rho 1.jpg

This is the area where the kitties would play (from the shelter's website).

Gattile Rho 2.jpg

This is the shelter on fire, photo taken by the Fire Dept.

Gattile Rho 3.jpg

This is what remains of the area where the kitties would play (photo by the Fire Dept.) :bawling:

Last edited:

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:salute::salute: Thank you for having the HEART and COURAGE to share those tragic stories and media.
We are sad, we are appalled, our tears and sorrows are many, our hearts are aching but we will share these stories through social media, we will share our condolences with each other, we will share our collective thoughts, energies and passions AND THEN, we will cowboy up and CARRY ON :soldier::soldier::soldier: ...

.....IN HONOR OF THE CA 60, THE RHO 100, and all the others, the tame, the ferals, the wild....:salam: :redheartpump: :bluecat::rbheart::rbheart:

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
God Bless all their little souls, that awful moment has now been replaced by Heaven and life anew, they are fine now, just fine and have forgotten that tragic incident although we can't.

And for those who set that shelter on fire that Antonio told us about, well, God has OTHER plans for you rest assured.....:angryfire: :censored: :disappointed:

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's a story that just appeared on Yahoo about a horse that managed to escape.

Horse saves itself from California wildfire by falling into a pool
I remember saving this article from last year, about horses in the Calif. fires, with some links and tips to help them through the bad air and effects of smoke inhalation-
Smoke inhalation and horses - top tips to keep them safe - Horsetalk.co.nz

My heart is breaking for all of the burned and lost animals... Mr. PushPurr and I have been grieving after seeing this article a few days ago. It's so hard to look at the photos.

We're trying to help where we can-
calif animal disaster group at DuckDuckGo

Last edited:

magick2828

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
‘We’ve got to go or we’re going to die here.” Former Sacramento deputy barely escapes Malibu blaze

Spunkys Rescue Ranch was a dream come true for many a cat. They had their own house with large enclosed yard. There were 100 cats but only 40 were able to be evacuated.

Poor, poor kitties.....2 Siamese were very recently pulled from the euth list in the L.A. County shelter in Lancaster. It is unknown if they were among the 40 who made it out alive.

Godspeed and tailwinds west, precious spirits. You are out of danger now - nothing can harm you again. You have returned to The Creator, to be with the ancestors and those yet to be born...but please know that back here on earth, our joyous hearts that celebrated your rescues are now crushed with sorrow at your tragedy....
Its so very sad... i was praying for a miracle that they would somehow be able to get the entire 100 out of they moved quickly with enough people taking them out at a time... im praying they find many of them close by, scared by the fire but that they somehow escaped and are waiting to be found... my heart and thoughts go out to the owners, volenteers, rescuers of Spunkys Rescue Ranch along with prayers... they knew you loved them! They knew you were helping them and they sit watching over you whispering, don't cry.... you loved us when no one else wanted to, you saved us when no one cared too. We loved you then the same as now and as long as you remember us, we are never truely gone, we are right there by your side flipping our tails through your hair and rubbing all over your legs and when you feel down, may you feel our paws wipe at your face to wash away the tears and to comfort you. Its not goodbye its "see you later."

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Sweet Spirits, dream you deep. Your lives had meaning, and your deaths are mourned by more than you could ever imagine. Dance on sunlight, little ones...someday we will join you, and you will have your true forever person.

baxtersmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This breaks my heart. I was looking through a facebook group for missing and found animals in the fire area. One cat had been found very seriously burned. It was so sad. Thank God he survived and was reunited with his owners. There are still so many missing. People left for work not knowing that the fire would be closing in on their homes. They tried to get back to rescue them but couldn't. Firemen were opening doors to homes where they heard animals inside so they could try to escape the fires. I just can't imagine it. Some people had seconds to grab what they could and get out. If they had cats that were out door cats it would be so hard to find them before it was too late. :(

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
This is just awful. The news report said that the cats who lost their lives didn't appear to have been burned. I guess they would have died from smoke inhalation, which may have been a little easier on them.

Poor darlings who didn't get the chance to be re-homed, to live the lives you deserved, I'm so sorry about what we've done to the world.

Be peaceful now, may you have a happy rebirth.

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
How truly sad!
My heart feels for all those precious kitties.
May they all be resting in Heaven as they are surely Angels! They just never got a chance and that is sad!
As far as hurting animals on purpose, may those people suffer the same fate as they dealt those poor animals. I will never understand how anyone can hurt the innocent.
So truly sad!!