For The 60 Kitty Lives Lost In Ca Sanctuary In Woolsey Fire

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Cats and any other Creature may turn into food for predators. That is the Law.
Humans are not Predators so the Law does not apply to them.
I am very sorry for all Creatures who could not make it.

+++

If I will ever have the chance to build a shelter i will certainly plan for a rescue space and escape plan in case o fire - something like steel curtains (similar to battleships ones). Apart from fire escape plans, I would never ever place much plastics inside a tunnel-like enclosure. Also, careful about cleaning agents and painting. One cant imagine how horrible firestorms can start from apparently inoffensive cleaning and painting - I have a horrible story from my country: 100 young people suffered from a fire starting because of something like this. 65 of them died on site or in hospital months after, some in atrocious long pain.

I am also wondering whether the owners respected the Fire regulations. In public spaces in some countries they are required to set escape paths and even to mount sprinklers, as far as I know.

In my humble opinion, we shall learn for sad events. We cant revive poor Creatures, but we can prevent this to happen again.

One of the ways to prevent them is to publish posts like the ones in this threads, because sometime people just do no mind the danger of fire.

+++

In my country Criminal Code setting fire on a building is a very serious offence and can lead to years in prison.