For Spaz

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In April of 1994 I was sitting in the reception area of my vet's office in Seattle.

A woman came in demanding to have a tiny kitten euthanized, she couldn't be bothered with her health issues.

The receptionist talked her into releasing the kitten to the clinic instead.

Overhearing all this, I inquired about the kitten.

Apparently, this lady let her unaltered NFC siblings reproduce, typical kitten mill stuff.

I adopted this ratty looking little cat two weeks later, her only health issues was an unknown food allergy, no big deal, we handled it.

The kitten told me her name after a couple of days with me; Spaz.

I should note that I lived in an apartment that did not allow pets, my idea was to foster her and find her a home, pfft! yeah right!

Baby Spaz

This little girl was always a delight to myself, my friends and my family.

Young adult Spaz

She'd been with me through breakups, heartbreak, and more than a couple interstate address changes.

Mature Spaz

She was always loving, and kind, and welcomed every new cat to her home, whether new resident, or simply a foster, though she maintained her role as Alpha cat until her last day.

She never displayed any of the tortitude so many calicos and tortoise shell cats are famous for, she was simply a beautiful soul.

In 2008, she was diagnosed with Chronic Renal Failure, and in 2009 with Congestive Heart Failure.

She never gave up though, she fought hard, even though I told her it was ok to go.

So we made some changes, we fed her as much as she wanted, canned and raw,  grain free dry was always available, and got her a fountain.

She amazed so many people with her unwillingness to give up.

The CRF did take its toll of her looks though and I continued to tell her daily that she was free to go when she chose, and she still fought.

I did ask her though, that if she chose to leave me without help, to please do so peacefully, and she did just that.

In the wee hours of January 5th, she made her way to my desk chair (her favorite napping spot), and slept, breathing her last breath.

She would have been 18 in March.

The last pictures taken of Spaz

For your body a cairn was built, deep in the desert.

For your spirit, a hole left in my heart.

For the very essence of you, you are whole and healthy, and reunited with B.C., Abby and Murphy at The Bridge, to wait until I can come and hold you again.

Be at peace my little redhead, you are loved and missed.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a lovely tribute to that beautiful  girl.  Fate was at work the day she came into your life.  The higher powers knew where she belonged.

The Bridge is a bit brighter now with her there.  She is in such good company.

God Bless.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Arlyn, what a lovely tribute to a special cat. That brought tears to my eyes. RIP Spaz :rbheart:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Spaz changed from a straggly kitten to a beautiful regal girl.  She was blessed to have you for her forever home.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh no :eek:hno: :sniffle: I am so very sad and sorry for your loss of :rbheart: Spaz........ My deepest sympathies ....... :hugs:

RIP :rbheart: Sweet, Beautiful :angel: Spaz :rbheart: .... You will be missed :shame: