For owners who have FHS cats, what were the solutions?

mxphs

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone

I'm fairly certain that Humphrey has FHS.
When I first got him, I just dismissed it as cat zoomies. But as i went down the google hole, I discovered what FHS is and his symptoms match exactly. It's all about that rippling back, the bolting, the meowing and the licking of the back during the episodes.

I wouldn't say its a really aggressive case, but i am thinking about going to the vet(again) if my plans of attack won't work. I'd say 80-90% of the time, he's normal. Calm, loving, uses litter perfectly and has a good appetite. But when I see him have an episode, I just feel so sad that he's in discomfort. He's also out of the age range for cats to usually get it, hes literally only 10 months old.

I am planning to eventually replace all the chicken food that i've been feeding him (still am feeding dry food that is chicken flavoured, its such a big bag and im nearly done so don't want to just throw it all out but am thinking about it) because he has been reacting better to non chicken foods (venison in particular, I also think he has a chicken allergy)

What solutions and management plans have vets advised you guys? I'm trying to minimise my visits to the vet as i've been so many times in the past couple of months and they're starting to think im a bit nuts.

Looking forward to hearing your suggestions