For my sweetheart, Sandra

tamu708

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I remember the day you came into our home on January 5, 1998, a three month old little orange and white fur ball, our first pet.  As soon as you came out of your carrier, you felt right at home.  There was no hiding.  You went about claiming everything and everyone in the house as your own.  We were all fascinated with you; you had us wrapped around your little paw.  Our little princess.  I still remember your favorite games of hide and seek and how you liked to sit in the laundry basket and have me push the basket around the house.  And I remember your attention seeking antics as a kitten, how you would climb up the window screens and get yourself stuck until one of us came to your rescue and how you would come running out of no where and drop a toy mouse in front of us as a gift.  

As an adult, you always let everyone know you were the queen of the house. You'd sit high on top of the refrigerator and keep watch over everything.  I remember how you liked to inspect all the bags of groceries after shopping.  And how you would be sleeping and as soon as someone cut open a cantaloupe, you would come running into the kitchen for your slice.  You always had a natural confidence.  When Thomas and Basil joined the family, they recognized that confidence and always treated you with respect, never challenging your position as the head cat.  

You were with us during the hard times too, during when my grandmother passed away and when my uncle got sick with lung cancer and passed away.  And you were there when my mom got sick with breast cancer, and I stayed home to take care of her full time.  You were a source of comfort to us both.  You would sit with mom and let her hold you and talk to you, providing her with love and comfort in her final days.  Even when Thomas was sick with CHF, you would often be found by his side.  That night he passed away, you never left his side; you kept watch over him.  

And then you became ill my little sweetheart and you needed someone to stay by your side and take care of you.  You were diagnosed with early stage CKD in March of 2013.  In the next 2 1/2 years, you did so well; no one would have every guessed you were ill.  But the disease finally caught up with you in the beginning of this year.  In your least seven months, my life revolved around taking care of you.  Our bond grew stronger and more special in these days.  I was always worried about you.  While at work, you were always in my thoughts; I couldn't wait to get home to be with you. Basil was worried about you too.  I know you and him always had tension, but he would often come and check on you while you slept.  You and Yunis didn't really have much time to get to know each other well, but I think you two would have grown close as his personality is very similar to Thomas. 

You had both good days and bad days.  You fought on and always seemed to pull through until anemia and heart disease struck in addition to the CKD.  In the end, your little body could no longer fight.  You passed away on the morning of July 19, three months shy of your 19th birthday.  I miss you so much and can't seem to stop crying.  I keep going to look at your favorite spots and imagining you there.  Basil and Yunis are looking for you too.  You always had such a strong presence in the house.  It's hard to believe you are truly gone.  You were such a joy and a blessing in our lives for so many years, a sweet little best friend.  RIP my little angel Sandra.  

Last edited:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful kitty.   I'm so sorry that your dear Sandra has left you.   My heart goes out to you for the grief you are feeling and I wish there were words to help comfort you.  Sandra sounds like she was a very special girl, guiding you through a series of terrible losses.  She will live on in your heart and memories and I hope some day those memories bring you a smile with the tears.  She was a lucky girl - she found a wonderful home where she was treasured and prized as she deserved. A home where she could love and be loved.  You gave each other your all.  May she visit you in her dreams to say hello.  RIP Sandra.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Such a heartfelt tribute to such a beautiful cat, you let us all know what she was like and the personality that was all her.Our homes do seem so empty without them in it, but we have to believe that they are still there, their presence was so strong it can't just disappear. I know we can keep them alive by holding them in our hearts, the bond we have with them can never be broken, there will be a piece of their souls always bonded to ours. Use your beautiful memories to bring you comfort, as long as you are alive she will be a part of your life. The love you shared is not a physical thing that can be touched or destroyed, the 'essence' of sweet Sandra is the same and will be with you always. She would never want you to be so sad when remembering her, she loves you too much to bring you an ounce of pain. Know you had someone so very special in your life and you were so privileged to know and love her, that kind of love is so special and rare. I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers, we all understand what you are going through and want you to know we care..... RIP beautiful Sandra, you will be so very missed, but know you will be held forever in loving hearts that love you so dear. Sleep on beautiful princess, on the laps of angels who will watch over you! 

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is such a lovely tribute to your sweet girl. I can feel your deep love for Sandra in your words and I'm so sorry for your loss. You gave her an extraordinary life: one filled with love, comfort and care. I know she was grateful for the care you gave her when she was sick. Sweet Sandra is at peace now and is reunited with Thomas. I have know doubt they would want you to find peace as well. Trust that you will be reunited with them both one day.

Sending you lots of love [emoji]10084[/emoji]️

[emoji]128149[/emoji]RIP Sandra[emoji]128149[/emoji]
[emoji]128149[/emoji]RIP Thomas[emoji]128149[/emoji]

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a heartfelt tribute, @Tamu708. I'm so sorry for your loss. Such a blessing to be able to spend almost 19 years together...through all the good and the bad. I know that grief and sadness are the forefront of your emotions right now. I hope, in time, you find comfort and healing in the memories of your beautiful girl.  

Rest in peace, sweet Sandra. 

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful touching tribute to Sandra. Your tribute brought tears to my eyes. I was following your earlier thread and was  praying she would bounce back. I am heartbroken she is gone.  Be free of pain Sandi and know that you are loved and always will be 

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm very sorry for your loss of Sandra. All those special fond memories of her must be overwhelming right now, but it must be a consolation that you two had a very special bond. :rbheart: