For Molly, My Angery Little Cat

Katelyn K

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Molly is gone now. We got him put to sleep a few days ago. He had a lot of medical issues, we couldn’t afford to keep taking him to the vet, and his quality of life was slipping to the point where he couldn’t even walk or make it to the litter box on his own. I tried my hardest to keep him going, but unfortunately he was in so much pain I couldn’t bare to see him suffer like that anymore and I had to make a choice that would change my life. God I miss him so much.

When he was younger he was a real violent boy, still loved him though. He was the first cat that was really mine, we adopted him was he was just a kitten. Went from a playful kitten, to an angry teen/adult, to a sweet lazy cat who loved to lay on people when they sat or laid down. He was the sweetest boy the last few years. I just wish I could have helped him more.

God I’ll miss him so much. Sorry about the choice I had to make Molly, but I know he’s in a better place now.

Attachments

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry for your loss. It always makes me cry when there are posts like this.

Just the other day Bourbon and Graham were on the bed watching me get ready for work. I paused for a while and looked back at them and wonder, how in the world will I ever cope when one of them leaves? They have been a permanent "fixture" in my home and my heart, and I would really be devastated again when one of my pets leave me.

So, I know you are in pain. But also know you gave him a good life. He is eternally grateful for the love and life.
Sending you my warmest virtual hugs.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The hole in our lives when they leave us is so deep, so dark, it seems like we will never climb out of it. But the sun will keep on rising, the world will keep on turning and eventually, time will dull the sharp edges of grief enough we can continue on with our own lives. The sadness you feel, the ache in your stomach will continue to torment you, but it will lessen in time to something you can manage, can learn to live with. Try not to dwell on those last days, though I know at this point that is impossible, it brings nothing but pain and suffering. Instead, concentrate on the years you did get to spend with that sweet boy, and what he gave you to keep with you for the rest of your life. He gave you the capacity to love. This is a priceless gift that will stay with you, will only grow stronger as the years go by and you add new loves to reside beside his in your heart.
Love is spiritual, so eternal. He will forever be as close as your thoughts and prayers. Go forward into life and seek its beauty and happiness, live as you would want him to live if you were the first to go. it is what he would want for you, not to be sad and grieving, but to embrace what life has to offer, none of us are guaranteed a tomorrow. None of us are perfect either, so the feelings you are experiencing now stem from regret and guilt, which all of us experience when we lose someone we love. Just remember, you could not let that poor boy suffer. He was at the point where he was existing, not truly living, you had no choice but to let him go free, and you did it in the name of love. He thanks you for that.
My thoughts and prayers are with you, may you feel him always close by, and know he is now on a path that will always parallel your own life's journey. Your souls are intertwined, and though he took a piece of your heart when he left, he left a piece of his own to bring you comfort in the days ahead. Bless you, for hurting so deeply from loving so much......Sweet Molly, RIP. You will never be forgotten. you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Molly, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

This is the hardest decision we ever make, isn't it? But this I know, Molly, from his new home in That Place Where All Things Are Know, blesses your strength in letting him go, blesses you that you went with him right to the Gate between This Adventure and his Next Great Adventure, and sent your love for him along to light his way. Now, his love for you, translated and purified into Love, he sends back to you, to walk beside you down through all your days. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful boy. The only choice you had was the one you made, you ended his pain. Even though it broke your heart. RIP sweet Molly :rbheart::alright:

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss, another Tuxedo gone.....it was the most difficult choice but the right one, but it kills us to do it I know, but he is fine now, just fine, and when you meet again one day it will be wonderful.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry for your loss, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Aww, Molly. It's one of the hardest decisions to have to make, but we do it out of love for our beloved companions to relieve their suffering. My heart goes out to you.

Rest in peace, sweet boy. :rbheart: