For An Absent Friend

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for sharing this beautiful songs. We lost Nick Drake too soon. Who knows what other masterpieces he would have graced us with had he been a long for longer. Here is a song I found myself listening to when I was dealing with loss in my life. It really speaks to my ❤. Very, very touching.

To Kingdom Come by Coldplay

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for sharing this beautiful songs. We lost Nick Drake too soon. Who knows what other masterpieces he would have graced us with had he been a long for longer. Here is a song I found myself listening to when I was dealing with loss in my life. It really speaks to my ❤. Very, very touching.

To Kingdom Come by Coldplay
Thanks, friend! I never really liked them before, but I like this song and I can understand it would touch you. I hope you've come through your loss strong, and positive.
Yes, the boy from Burma was very special. No one else like him.
I feel like I'm falling and I don't really mind it enough. So I guess time will help. But right now there are so many unanswered questions and I can't stop crying and feeling a terrible loss.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
feel like I'm falling and I don't really mind it enough. So I guess time will help. But right now there are so many unanswered questions and I can't stop crying and feeling a terrible loss.
I know you are in a painful place grieving the loss off your friend. I pray you find peace. It will take time to accept this loss, especially since you have so many unanswered questions regarding your recently departed friend. I had a friend whose brother just disappeared off the face of the earth. She spent many years searching for him. It was on her mind constantly. She had to put it into God's hands and ask for peace because it was eating her up inside. To this day she doesn't know what happened to her brother, but she said God knows and he is in control. Big Hugs. 🤗 Grief is very hard to deal with. Hang in there and know you are not alone. If you feel you really are struggling. See if there are any churches in your area that have Bereavement support groups. Just being around others who are grieving just like you is very therapeutic. It may help with healing your broken heart. :heartshape:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know you are in a painful place grieving the loss off your friend. I pray you find peace. It will take time to accept this loss, especially since you have so many unanswered questions regarding your recently departed friend. I had a friend whose brother just disappeared off the face of the earth. She spent many years searching for him. It was on her mind constantly. She had to put it into God's hands and ask for peace because it was eating her up inside. To this day she doesn't know what happened to her brother, but she said God knows and he is in control. Big Hugs. 🤗 Grief is very hard to deal with. Hang in there and know you are not alone. If you feel you really are struggling. See if there are any churches in your area that have Bereavement support groups. Just being around others who are grieving just like you is very therapeutic. It may help with healing your broken heart. :heartshape:
Thank you. Some mutual friends are helping in this. My own brother has been MIA for a long time and our family attorney has been unable to find him. I've been able to reconcile this, for the most part. But this recent loss is hard because of all the questions. I have experienced many losses in my life beginning at age 6 when my grandfather passed. I like to think I can handle these things well because of my beliefs. This one is different, and tough. Thank you for your kind thoughts.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. Some mutual friends are helping in this. My own brother has been MIA for a long time and our family attorney has been unable to find him. I've been able to reconcile this, for the most part. But this recent loss is hard because of all the questions. I have experienced many losses in my life beginning at age 6 when my grandfather passed. I like to think I can handle these things well because of my beliefs. This one is different, and tough. Thank you for your kind thoughts.
I am so sorry to hear about your brother. I am glad you came to terms with this. It seem every loss is different especially at the age you experience loss and how close you were to the departed. I lost a good friend when I was in High School--that one hit hard. There have been many other deaths over the years, a few of them hit me harder than others. I think when a younger person dies (like my high school pal) and also sudden deaths and suicides, it the hardest to come to terms with. My dad died over 5 years ago after a long battle with Chonic Heart Failure. He was going down hill for a while. We had Inhospice care set up for him when we knew it was getting closer to the time. My dad went into a Coma for a week and then passed away. That was very tough, but I prepared myself so I was able to get through it. It would have been so much harder if all this suddenly happened and I had no time to prepare or sort out my feelings.

Hang in there. I am glad you have mutual friends who are grieving with you. That really helps.

Well, it is after 9 pm over here. I got to do one more feeding with the outdoor kitties and prepare for tomorrow's snow storm. Have a good evening and take care.🙂

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about your brother. I am glad you came to terms with this. It seem every loss is different especially at the age you experience loss and how close you were to the departed. I lost a good friend when I was in High School--that one hit hard. There have been many other deaths over the years, a few of them hit me harder than others. I think when a younger person dies (like my high school pal) and also sudden deaths and suicides, it the hardest to come to terms with. My dad died over 5 years ago after a long battle with Chonic Heart Failure. He was going down hill for a while. We had Inhospice care set up for him when we knew it was getting closer to the time. My dad went into a Coma for a week and then passed away. That was very tough, but I prepared myself so I was able to get through it. It would have been so much harder if all this suddenly happened and I had no time to prepare or sort out my feelings.

Hang in there. I am glad you have mutual friends who are grieving with you. That really helps.

Well, it is after 9 pm over here. I got to do one more feeding with the outdoor kitties and prepare for tomorrow's snow storm. Have a good evening and take care.🙂
I am so sorry you (and your dad) had to go through that. My mom had COPD and Congestive Heart Failure so I am familiar with how difficult that can be. My dad had his problems, but passed in his sleep in a very lovely board and care where he was taken good care of. In both cases, the last thing we said to each other was, "I love you" and that is a huge consolation to me. So many people don't get that chance, or they have argued, or whatever. It is so true that we need to take seriously the fact that every living being is finite on this earth and we need to show others -- human, feline, etc., -- that we love and value them while they are here to experience that.
LOTS of losses here, too. Very dear friend took her own life. I inherited her precious cats. Also lost a high school buddy to a freak accident -- he fell down stairs outside his apartment and complications ended his somewhat unhappy stay on this earth. Another dear HS friend was run down by a drunk driver at 19. She was engaged. WHAT a terrible shock! And SO MANY beloved cats! I'm not old but I have to reconcile myself to losing so many loved ones in this life. The upside is looking forward to reuniting with them in a much better place. My beliefs have always been that the soul is eternal and that this earthly life is a poor substitute for what is to come. But going on here without loved ones hurts. Very much. We go on. There is no "closure" and the pain does not go away. We just do what we need to do in this life and love who and what is left to us while we are here.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I am so sorry for the loss of your parents and all the losses you have experienced over the years. When I was a child, I can honestly say I have been to more wakes and funerals than any other event. These were mostly relatives that I didn't see often, so I didn't feel that much pain. My HS friend however was the first real experience with how painful loss could be. Then I lost a beloved Aunt not to long after that and that was hard as well.

I am a firm believer that everything we go through can strengthen us. As painful as the losses are it makes us value life even more. Even the kitties. As a cat caretaker, I seen the terrible plight of homeless cats. I have seen some heart wrenching things. I grieve for everyone of the cats who passed away. When I came on this forum, I was trying to trap a dying cat and another one of my cats got sick, this on top of that troubling fall out with the other cat feeder who just dumped cats on me. It was a very painful time. I never found the dying cat and his BFF was so heartbroken she never set foot in my back yard again. I did see her a number of times afterwards and believe someone else was definitely taking care of her because she looked healthy. I had to let her go because she didn't want to be in the group anymore. I grieved not only cats who passed away, but those who left or just vanished out of thin air and I couldn't find out why. I can say being a cat caretaker and experiencing all I have experienced has made me a much stronger person, as it has done to you as well.

I wish you peace and strength as you continue to grieve. Hang in there. :alright: :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I am so sorry for the loss of your parents and all the losses you have experienced over the years. When I was a child, I can honestly say I have been to more wakes and funerals than any other event. These were mostly relatives that I didn't see often, so I didn't feel that much pain. My HS friend however was the first real experience with how painful loss could be. Then I lost a beloved Aunt not to long after that and that was hard as well.

I am a firm believer that everything we go through can strengthen us. As painful as the losses are it makes us value life even more. Even the kitties. As a cat caretaker, I seen the terrible plight of homeless cats. I have seen some heart wrenching things. I grieve for everyone of the cats who passed away. When I came on this forum, I was trying to trap a dying cat and another one of my cats got sick, this on top of that troubling fall out with the other cat feeder who just dumped cats on me. It was a very painful time. I never found the dying cat and his BFF was so heartbroken she never set foot in my back yard again. I did see her a number of times afterwards and believe someone else was definitely taking care of her because she looked healthy. I had to let her go because she didn't want to be in the group anymore. I grieved not only cats who passed away, but those who left or just vanished out of thin air and I couldn't find out why. I can say being a cat caretaker and experiencing all I have experienced has made me a much stronger person, as it has done to you as well.

I wish you peace and strength as you continue to grieve. Hang in there. :alright: :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:
Yes, and I to you as well. Sometimes it seems as if we DO get more than we can endure, and yet, here we still are. Working, advocating, helping, loving, enjoying -- living life. I don't know how. But we do.
I am so very sorry for your losses! For me, they started when I was small and a little tiger tabby I named Robin showed up. He was in extremely poor health and unable to eat. My father had to make the choice none of us ever wants to make. Not sure if that was before or after my grandfather left us, but Robin was the first cat who left me and though I understood his having to have the help we would all want in such a situation, I'll always remember him and my work is for him and all the others like him. EVERY cat and kitten deserves a loved life!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I may have stopped posting here, but that doesn't mean you are not in my heart, soul, mind, and thoughts all the time. Happy Birthday, wherever you are beyond the Veil. I am grateful that you are not here to have to endure the pain of what is happening on this earth right now. May you always know I love you and miss you. *See how tall the redbud has grown!*
IMG_2402.JPG