Foot Infection or Cut?

Erik Crick

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Noticed my cat was biting at her paw a little aggressively and decided to check, and saw this red patchy spot. I believe there was a little scab that came off because it was nearby but I am not certain. Anyone know what this could be?
B8EF2D48-651D-4D51-9D9F-50C37516CCCD.jpeg

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Huh. Well. It could be a couple of things. A minor injury which she over-groomed and created a hotspot is the first thing that comes to mind. It does look as if there might be a small cut right by your thumb nail. I'd suggest calling your vet, and asking him/her if you can email this picture to them to see if it requires a visit. HOWEVER...in the mean time, you can buy a box of plain, unblended chamomile tea bags at the store, brew a cup, chill it, and use it to wash the area several times a day. The tea is wonderfully soothing, and has mild antibiotic and antifungal properties. AND, since it is safe, in proper dosages, for internal use (anti-stress), it won't matter if it is licked off. PLEASE do use the commercially prepared tea bags, unless you are a real expert in herbs. GERMAN chamomile, which is what the commercial bags are, is medicinally active and safe for cats in proper doses. ENGLISH chamomile, which grows in many gardens, is useless AND toxic to cats.