Foods Similar To Tiki Cat But Less Expensive?

Richard2121

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay so I occasionally give my 4 kittens some cans of Tiki Cat between meals of their usual foods but it is SO expensive. I really like most of the ingredients, I like the smell and they LOVE it! It is one of the few foods that all 4 enjoy consistently. Unfortunately I did the math and even for 4 grown adult cats who are eating less calories per day, the cost to feed this brand HALF THE TIME would be around $390 per month (or around $600 for exclusive feeding).....WHAT?!?!?! Are there other shredded foods similar to Tiki Cat that won't break my bank account? Any food suggestions or advice would be great. Feel free to fix my math if I am wrong :spew:

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Your math sounds right to me I think - I calculated that one 10 lb cat would cost $138 per month full time. Variations on source it’s in the ballpark.

I have a spreadsheet of food with cost comparisons, and this style of foods tends to be pricier. Miko - Chewy’s brand - is about $5 less per 12-pack and the food is very similar to human eyes. There’s also Almo Nature, some Weruva flavors and Lotus Just Juicy stews. All those seem either the same or a little pricier. But maybe if you find deals you can rotate them in.

Gizmobius

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Against the Grain is similar. Most cases of 24 are $24, so $1 a can. My cats enjoy all the chicken varieties they have.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our girls don't really like Miko very well. They like Natural Balance Catatouille, but they snuck some veggies into it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Richard2121

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone! I will try the Miko since I can get a case for around $8 for the 50% off your first order deal!! Maybe they will be as receptive but I have 4 very smart and diverse kitties to feed so I am not holding my breath LOL