Foods similar to Almo Nature?

sidneykitty

Foster mama
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Can anyone recommend canned foods similar to Almo Nature cans? My cat who has not been loving her usual wet food lately just ate my last can of it (its one of my last ditch foods to get her to eat) and its not sold in stores where I live.

Does anyone know any similar canned foods more widely available in stores? Specifically she likes the salmon - chunks of real salmon in broth and usually eats the one that is not a complete balanced meal, but for supplemental feeding.

Melissa0904

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When you find one let me know. I have the pickiest mama cat ever. She will ONLY eat 9-lives dry and fancy feast wet tuna and shrimp flakes. She loves Tuna fish but I worry about the mercury content. I tried canned salmon yesterday, which was disgusting btw, but she ate it. I am at a complete loss for what to feed her. She doesn't like the KVM that I am supplementing the kittens with and I have spent so much money on different food. I even tried to cook for her!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sidneykitty

Foster mama
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think Applaws seem somewhat similar and that's the closest I'm going to get! Its like real meat slices/cuts in broth.

Sorry about your struggles with your mama cat... believe me, I've been there with my own kitty! It took us ages to find her a wet food she'd stick with - she was a dry food cat and wild hunter for 11 years before we got her so wet food was quite new for her. Initially she would only eat fish flavors so I started her on that and then over a long period of time we managed to finally switch her onto meats.

BFF has some cans that are Tuna & ___ (insert your chosen meat such as chicken, beef, lamb). These flavors have tuna as the first ingredient then whatever the meat is. So Tuna & Lamb is more tuna than lamb but if you buy the Lamb & Tuna flavor, its more lamb than tuna. These were also my go-to's for a time when Amber didn't want her other wet foods because she just loves tuna. I'm not sure its very high calorie (you'd want lots of cals for a nursing mum) but at least its not ALL fish. But I would recommend them for a fish loving cat you don't want to feed exclusively fish. They are pates.

Have you tried any kitten food wet foods for her just for now while she is nursing (assuming that she is)?

Have you tried any other Fancy Feast flavors at all? I'm told they are some of the most palatable wet foods out there.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
None of the Applaws canned foods sold in the US are complete diets.

Have you looked at Weruva, Soulistic, and Tiki Cat?

CHIKITTIES

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

sidneykitty

Foster mama
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 - that's right thanks! I forgot about that. Of course that's very important to keep in mind, but similar to Almo Nature in that way. I got Amber some Applaws tuna and she loved it, but can't be a permanent thing. Might make a good topper, though!

I'll have a look at Weruva, Soulistic and Tiki Cat. The Tiki Cat you linked to CHIKITTIES CHIKITTIES looks exactly like what I want! I wish the pet store had images of what the food looked like inside the can. So handy that Chewy seems to do that. Thank you both :)

sidneykitty

Foster mama
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ooo wow LTS3 LTS3 - amazing chart. Thank you!! :)