Food Suggestions

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
I currently have my three on a mixture of Friskies (Poultry Platter and Chicken and Tuna), Purina Pro Plan (Turkey and Chicken), and Fancy Feast Classic pates. They get Purina Pro Plan Sensitive Stomach Turkey and Oatmeal dry food on weeknights, about 1/8-1/4 cup each (the food is super calorically dense).

I'm looking for economical foods that are similar to Friskies/FF/PPP (no unnecessary additives)- approx. 200 calories/5.5oz can, pate version. I don't want them getting bored with their food choices. They like the beef PPP too, but those are only available in 3oz cans and that's not feasible with three cats.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I wish Friskies had more options that weren't so darn fish based.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I know of one that was suggested to me from Tractor Supply that came in larger cans, but it may have ingredients you don't want. It was called Paws & Claws Kitchen Selects.

Have you considered reviewing: Check This Out.... Chart For Cat Food Ingredients? It is comprehensive, but there is also information included to help you navigate and even sort the spreadsheet based on your desired criteria. I don't think it mentions the size of the cans, but if you narrow down your selections, then you could look them up online.

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it's available where you are, Gourmet Gold which is also from Purina is very similar to Fancy Feast and Pro Plan pate.

And a German brand but, Miamor pate is also quite nice. Hima loves both chicken and trout ones. The picky eaters of the yard love them too.

PateChicken Can85 g

But of course these also have fish. Most wet foods in Europe and Asia have fish in them. Unless they use a different formula, Pro Plan pate cans in Europe have fish in them too.

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most wet foods in Europe and Asia have fish in them
I don't know about Asia, but there's tons of food in Europe without any fish whatsoever. Plenty of options on zooplus alone, although I know they don't sell to every country outside of EU. But still, I'm not sure if I can agree with your general statement given countless options there are :)

EmersonandEvie EmersonandEvie My cats recent favourite was Dave's CatsMeow, chicken+turkey liver. I used past tense as they've just changed the ingredients, adding agar agar which is a no go for my boy. But overall it has good ingredients, and has been on sale on chewy for past month or so for $28 per case. Some of the other flavors have good ingredients too, but not all of them, so ingredients check is a must.
Dave's Pet Food Cat’s Meow 95% Chicken, Chicken Liver & Turkey Canned Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24 - Chewy.com

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know about Asia, but there's tons of food in Europe without any fish whatsoever. Plenty of options on zooplus alone, although I know they don't sell to every country outside of EU. But still, I'm not sure if I can agree with your general statement given countless options there are :)

EmersonandEvie EmersonandEvie My cats recent favourite was Dave's CatsMeow, chicken+turkey liver. I used past tense as they've just changed the ingredients, adding agar agar which is a no go for my boy. But overall it has good ingredients, and has been on sale on chewy for past month or so for $28 per case. Some of the other flavors have good ingredients too, but not all of them, so ingredients check is a must.
Dave's Pet Food Cat’s Meow 95% Chicken, Chicken Liver & Turkey Canned Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24 - Chewy.com
Wet Cat Food & Canned Cat Food | Buy the Best Wet Food at Low Prices I'm looking at Zooplus UK right now and heavy majority of these have fish in them.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Adding Tiny Tiger to my list of food to try once Boone and Gracie get to one year old. I can't wait. So many choices for adult cats that I am interested in trying. I guess it's a good thing that Boone and Gracie haven't eaten the same brand of food several months in a row. I tend to switch it up each month or if they are particularly liking one brand, I will buy that again and then swap out the other brand. I feed them one brand in the AM and another brand in the PM. Hopefully that is helping them not develop allergies or get upset tummies from changing food so often. No issues so far!!!