Food recalls world wide by country

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
US - flood at just reopened Abbott's plant. Plant closed again. Poor poor poor Abbott, will they be able to deal with this or did they spend ALL of the money the government gave them on stock buy backs? We know they didn't spend it on maintenance. (see earlier posts in this shocking story.)

[/URL]
I do not feel bad for them at all... I feel horrible for all the parents dealing with nightmare.

As far as I am concerned, Abbot should be getting a huge fine thrown at them for what they did.. Not maintaining the plant to safety standards, no following sanitizing/cleaning protocol, and for having all those infants and babies, sick and die...

so mad!:livid::livid::livid::livid::livid:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm wondering if they'll dare to ask for government money to cover the cost of recovering from the flood. Since they spent the last recovery money they got on stock buy backs, I would say they don't need money from the government. I think their CEO and other officers should foot the bill. However, i wouldn't be surprised if the price for their formulas increases due to this.

I know, I know all the guys (other corporations) are making huge corporate profits while raising prices and making products smaller, so I'm thinking Abbott will give it a go.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mexico = Yucatan Hundreds of people in a Mexican municipality have fallen ill with the suspicion falling on meat contaminated with Clenbuterol.
Officials in Seyé, in the Mexican state of Yucatan, said the incident involves up to 500 people but no deaths have been reported. The first alert about the poisoning was made this past week.

US - Senate bill dictates infant formula fix

After 40 million dead birds, hot weather may be killing off the bird flu virus - see other pets and animals for update

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
US - Ca -
888 Fish Company is recalling certain fish products after a consumer had a severe allergic reaction.“A recall was initiated after receiving a consumer complaint of anaphylactic reaction. Through investigation it was determined that the formulation of an ingredient was changed to include eggs,” according to a recall notice posted by the Food and Drug Administration.

Europe update on Ferrero
Ferrero gets go-ahead to restart Belgian plant

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Europe - Dutch control finds gaps in allergen information given to consumers

US - NC - Sprout company warned about pathogen contamination, drug claims

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
US - Daily Harvest recalls French Lentil + Leek Crumbles after complaints of illnesses and hospitalizations

US - Update on pesticides, food, and you. The fight isn't over, Bayer-Monsanto plans to continue fighting. It's worth a read to find out what grounds Bayer-Monsanto is basing their claims on. They are both unusual and unsurprising.

Hong Kong - something to note - More than 40 percent of restaurants in Hong Kong serve undercooked burgers if asked, according to a survey.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Canada - Recall - Metro Ontario Inc. is recalling Irresistibles brand Sesame Asian Style Dressing because of spoilage.

Revive Organics recalls smoothies and oats over norovirus concerns

Denmark hit by a trio of Listeria outbreaks with unknown sources; eight deaths reported -

US - Two new Salmonella outbreaks identified as FDA continues investigation work on others
As far as I could tell from reading the article no location was mentioned, other than US, no product identified with the outbreak. If you have more information, or if you see where I missed it, please post. Discussion moves to the Hep A strawberries. There is, also, a chart for this years outbreaks.

Two new Salmonella outbreaks identified as FDA continues investigation work on others

For more articles and continuing information and to sign up to get news emails, because you may be interested in something I didn't post.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
US - The death of another baby linked to Abbott infant formula apparently under investigation

USDA’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) has issued a public health alert for Siluriformes products imported by Grand BK Corporation, a Carlstadt, N.J. firm.

US - update on Daily Harvest recall - 470 illnesses and potential liver function issues reports linked to Daily Harvest product
“French Lentil + Leek Crumbles.”

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ca Prop 12 - what it is about- conditions for farm animals and their care. I'm putting it in foodie thread because for now Prop 12 is about food. It may be about other things later.

Where it stands as 26 states feel they should be able to tell Ca (not one of the 26) what laws and rules it should have. (you might want to make note of that for future reference in things beyond food and animals.)

Solicitor General of United States finds Prop 12 violates Interstate Commerce Clause

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Europe Ireland - An audit of the meat sector in Ireland has found a number of serious issues including forgery, use of meat with an expired date, and one company unable to identify its suppliers.

US - This decision means there is a ruling that will make it easier for states could sue other states for the laws that covered things within their own borders you know, just in case that was needed in the future. Anyway, it's just animals you know and doesn't actually involve moving them across state lines as in interstate commerce, but there you are. It couldn't possibly ever affect people, could it. This will now go to the Supreme Court. (side note, wasn't that one of the fastest decisions you've ever heard of?)

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Canada - Gelato recalled in Ontario after testing find norovirus contamination of raspberries

US - recall -
Wegmans recalls Vidalia onions over Listeria concerns.
The potentially impacted product was sold from June 23 through June 24. There is concern that consumers may have the onions in their homes because of their long shelf life.

US - Why competition in the meat industry doesn't really lower the prices or improve the quality and why that's not likely to change.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
US - if you eat beef you might want to keep an eye on this, the results could be interesting on many levels. It reminds me of other things where chicken meal takes the place of actual chicken, but that is only in pet food. That doesn't happen in human food.

Kevin’s Natural Foods, based in Stockton, CA, is looking for flexibility with the beef stroganoff standard. It has filed a petition with USDA’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS), requesting an amendment for similar products that do not meet the existing beef stroganoff standard in the FSIS Food Standards and Labeling Policy Book. ... “Beef Stroganoff” qualified by adjectives such as “like, inspired, or flavored” if the product is not nutritionally inferior to standardized Beef Stroganoff products,” the agency reported.

Abbott still working on getting that plant open. I wonder why a company with that much money and resources is having so much trouble cleaning up from a flood. I also wonder why their insurance company and catastrophe preparedness people didn't help prevent this. But then I don't know much about big business.

Infant formula plant remains closed for flood cleanup; no word on how long it will take

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
My feelings is that Abbott is so corrupt, that it wants federal funds to "clean up" from the flood. This way, it is a win-win situation for them. They can do whatever they want, and get paid for it.. even killing infants and babies... dam them

They are keeping America hostage!

We need to the other providers of formula. There should never be one company, having. monopoly on anything..

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Europe - Belgium - Salmonella stops operations at Barry Callebaut chocolate plant. see LTS3's post above

US - Florida, Minnesota, Colorado, Kansas, Illinois, Georgia, Pennsylvania, New York, Maryland and Rhode Island. - Officials with the CDC have identified a new outbreak of infections from Listeria monocytogenes that has sickened people in 10 states, killing one. So far, a common food item has not been identified.

Europe - Spain - update from cases in 2019 finally in court.
Seven face charges in deadly Listeria outbreak in Spain

US - Texas - Pau Kruse, the retired 67-year-old former president of Blue Bell Creameries in Brenham, TX, is ordered to appear in federal court in Austin on July 22.
Federal Judge Robert Pitman has set the Final Docket Call and Hearing date for all pending motions before the Aug. 1 jury trial.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Canada - these are also sold in US, but for now recall is only in Canada and online = Enjoy Life Natural Brands, LLC is recalling Enjoy Life brand bakery products from the marketplace because of the possible presence of pieces of plastic.

US - recall Vidalia onions in Wegmans, Publix and Sam’s Club in North Carolina, and Pennsylvania. Florida, Georgia, New York, Massachusetts. A&M Farms of Lyons, Georgia, is recalling whole Vidalia onions because of potential Listeria monocytogenes contamination.

US - this just came today, a little late, but still may be of use
The FDA has sent out an alert for parents and caregivers of infants who consume infant formula advising them to stop using “homemade” infant formula from Plug Heist Trap House.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Canada - Canadian agency posts recall of king oyster mushrooms because of Listeria

US - FL to Washington 10 states, others not listed, but a product is

State and federal officials say ice cream is behind a deadly outbreak of Listeria monocytogenes infections that has affected people in 10 states.
“As a result of this investigation, Big Olaf Creamery in Sarasota, FL, is voluntarily contacting retail locations to recommend against selling their ice cream products. Consumers who have Big Olaf Creamery brand ice cream at home should throw away any remaining product,” according to a notice posted tonight by the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Europe - Czech Republic
A rise in Shiga toxin-producing E. coli (STEC) infections has prompted a warning by health officials in the Czech Republic.The National Institute of Public Health (SZU) reported that in the first six months of this year 25 cases have been recorded and 15 of them occurred in the past two months.

The European Commission has updated the list of imported products subject to checks for aflatoxins, pesticides and microbial contamination.

US - FDA warns food firms about seafood and import regulation violations

Nicamex Seafood, Nicaragua In a June 17 warning letter, the FDA described a Feb. 7-15, 2022 Foreign Remote Regulatory Assessment (FRRA) of Nicamex Seafood’s seafood processing facility in Managua, Nicaragua.

SDJJ Distributors, National City, CA

Winfull Corporation, Houston, TX

US - Daily Harvest French Lentil + Leek Crumbles update the Daily Harvest French Lentil + Leek Crumbles share one ingredient that other Daily Harvest products do not – Tara.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Europe - Germany - Source of 7-year Listeria outbreak found in Germany

US - A rise in Shiga toxin-producing E. coli (STEC) infections has prompted a warning by health officials in the Czech Republic.

US - Information that might be useful when reading of indictments in the future as well as of interest in the Blue Bell case. One example of what wire fraud charges means:

Kruse was indicted in 2020 for one count of conspiracy and six counts of wire fraud. He pleaded not guilty to the charges. The indictment claims there was a conspiracy to obtain money from Blue Bell customers by “false and fraudulent” pretenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.