Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry, life is unfair and hard.

The CDC has announced that 44 people have been infected with with Salmonella Uganda from bearded dragons. Foods, surfaces and utensils can become cross contaminated if proper hygiene practices are not followed.

Doughgirls Baking Inc. (dba, Doughgirls Comfort Kitchen & Bakeshop) is recalling King Ranch Casserole from the marketplace due to possible Salmonella contamination.

This recall is connected to a Salmonella outbreak that has been linked to frozen corn.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
continuing story= the arguments given may disturb you, but this is what's happening.

On Monday the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit heard arguments in the challenge to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approval of Glyphosate, the active ingredient in Monsanto-Bayer’s flagship Roundup weedkiller.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
K Kflowers My wrath is not directed towards you.. In fact, I thank you for posting all these recalls, updates...
It is directed towards all the manufactures who allow these practices to occur.

It is incredibly important that we are all aware of this recalls... again, a HUGE thank You for undertaking this role!! :thanks:

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know you didn't mean me. The anger, seethes and grows when corporations take the 19th century as role models. That means the anger is a good thing.

You'd think corporations would have more of a care of people, not animals, can't expect that. But, as I've said, the pet food people don't worry that much about doing in pets, because they know we'll always find more. Now, I realize that other corporations don't worry too much about the people since paying off the fines isn't that big a deal to them (fines are deductions before taxes as an expense of doing business so they lose no money at all with fines) and with things as they are there will always be more people to buy their stuff.

I think Upton Sinclair's The Jungle should still be required reading in late elementary school as it was when I was there. Also Unsafe at any speed would be a good historical read.

As much as they push toward the 19th century, we must hold on to the glimmers of hope.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
US - According to information released by the FDA in December 2021, fresh-cut fruit from Taylor Cut Produce, which was eventually recalled, was the likely culprit in the Salmonella Javiana outbreak.

The company recalled an undisclosed amount of its “Fruit Luau” that was linked to the outbreak. At that time the company reported the implicated fruit was distributed in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, and Delaware between Nov. 15 and Dec. 1. Tailor Cut Produce officials said the recalled product could be in restaurants, banquet facilities, hotels, schools, and institutional food service establishments.

Just when you think it's over, it's not
Recall of cream puffs sold at Costco, Safeway, ShopRite, other retailers because of metal fragments expanded

The University of Nebraska–Lincoln Extension Service is warning consumers against storing perishable foods outdoors this winter.

Extremely cold weather is hitting much of the Northern U.S. this week and despite the sub-freezing weather, it’s best to keep food in the refrigerator or freezer.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Europe - update -

Italy and France have reported updated statistics on a potentially fatal complication of E. coli infection.

The complication, hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS) is a type of kidney failure that can result in lifelong, serious health problems and death.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mods may want to move this, but I was a little jazzed to have some good news for this thread. for now, all I can say is I hope people can afford them. Here it is

Many Important Drugs get FDA Approval in 2021

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Salmonella - more than one country so scroll down

Norway - A rare type of Salmonella has infected 16 people in Norway with the majority needing hospital treatment.

Canada -
Bistak Enterprises Inc. and Bistak Groceries Inc. are recalling various products because of possible Salmonella contamination from rodent infestation.This recall was triggered by a referral from the Saskatchewan Health Authority.

given all the salmonella out breaks I'm including an FDA article on how we get it. Maybe it's always been this bad, still, I can't help but think the conditions in factory farms are to blame for the raging amounts of salmonella in the modern world.

Last edited:

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And here is a round up of current recalls and allergy alerts around the world

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A number of recalls in Europe, allergen alert Australia, New Zealand and US

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
China - A Salmonella outbreak linked to egg fried rice in China affected more than 220 people this past year, according to researchers. Scientists evaluated the incident using epidemiological surveys, routine laboratory testing methods, and whole genome sequencing (WGS) and findings were published in the journal Frontiers in Microbiology.

The outbreak occurred in Beijing over three days in March 2021 with 225 of 324 diners who ate at a canteen showing gastrointestinal symptoms.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is for the US - two items

First a little about FDA warning letters, which is a little scary - "Some letters are not posted for public view until weeks or months after they are sent. Business owners have 15 days to respond to FDA warning letters. Warning letters often are not issued until a company has been given months to years to correct problems. The FDA frequently redacts parts of warning letters posted for public view.

In a Dec. 23 warning letter, the FDA described an Aug. 5-26, 2021, Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP) inspection of Aroma Imports Inc. in Dearborn Heights, MI.

The FDA’s inspection revealed that the firm was not in compliance with FSVP regulations and resulted in the issuance of an FDA Form 483a."

Which brings us to another issue. Know where your pork is sourced. I don't know how you can be sure, but at least try to find out.

The USDA’s Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service’s job of keeping African Swine Fever out of the United States is not helped by stepped up and all too common meat smuggling.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Europe a bunch of food recalls for you!

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Europe - Slovenia - Norovirus sickens more than 120 in Slovenia; contaminated packaging suspected

Asia - Thailand -
Thailand last week discovered the country’s first official case of African Swine Fever (ASF). Thailand’s finding is part of the worldwide spread of ASF. The disease has reached numerous countries across Asia, the Caribbean, Europe, and the Pacific in domestic and wild pigs.

USA - meat in general -
Whether commingled in those shipping containers stacked up at U.S. ports or moved across a southern border run by cartels, there are more opportunities for meat smuggling into the United States than ever before. U.S. Customs and Border Protection keeps turning up evidence about how it’s working. At the Los Angeles/Long Beach Seaport April 6 through June 6, 2021, CBP intercepted 19,555 pounds of prohibited pork, chicken, beef, and duck arriving from China.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This might be useful, I hope you won't need it, but stay safe.

Keeping food safe during power outages; be prepared to be safe

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
More on pork smuggling - it's not just a west coast problem

During the past three months, from October to December 2021, the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service’s (APHIS) Smuggling Interdiction and Trade Compliance (SITC) program seized and destroyed more than 1,900 pounds of prohibited pork, poultry, and ruminant products from New York City-area retailers.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Canada -
African Foodways Market is recalling “Tiger Nuts” from the marketplace because of possible Salmonella contamination from rodent infestation.
The product originated from Bistak Enterprises Inc., which recently recalled various products because of Salmonella contamination from rodent infestation.

New Zealand -
More than 30 people have fallen sick in the past few months with Vibrio infections in New Zealand. Due to the increase in Vibrio parahaemolyticus cases around the country this summer, New Zealand Food Safety has reminded consumers to thoroughly cook mussels.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc., a Viatris Company, Conducting Voluntary Recall of One Batch of Semglee® (insulin glargine injection), 100 units/mL (U-100), 3 mL Prefilled Pens, Due to the Potential for a Missing Label in the Batch --A missing label on Semglee® (insulin glargine) prefilled pens, for patients receiving treatment with more than one type of insulin (e.g., both short and long-acting insulin), could lead to a mix-up of products/strengths, resulting in administration of the wrong insulin.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
US - PA -
A third death is being investigated in a hepatitis A outbreak traced to an Italian restaurant in West Norriton, PA.
Montgomery County public health officials say they have already confirmed two deaths in the outbreak traced to Gino’s Restaurant and Pizzeria. They have confirmed 10 people as infected with the liver disease and another three cases remain under investigation.

Lidl brand bagged spinach recalled because of Listeria monocytogenes

There is concern that consumers may have the product in their homes because of its long shelf life. The frozen spinach has a best-by date of Sept. 20, 2023.

The product comes in 12-ounce plastic bags and has a lot number of R17742 or R17963 on the back of the bags. The recalled frozen chopped spinach was distributed in Lidl retail stores in Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.