Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
US update on actually getting formula

below are two sites to cover the votes to help get formula back in the stores. There is, of course, more information online, but this gives some basics.

Senate Unanimously Sends Bill To Combat Baby Formula Shortage To Biden

This article lists the key documents involved in the criminal sanctions against Abbott - (parts of this are frightening, but then the whole mess is frightening)

Last edited:

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
UK - Children in England are suffering food poisoning because domestic refrigerators are being turned off to save money, according to multiple reports.

US - Illinois, Indiana and Ohio.
recall of WalMart ham not fully cooked. 1-lb resealable plastic packages containing “Great Value Black Forest Ham Water Added” with a “BEST IF USED BY 07/15/22” date.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG... If I could foresee the inevitable shortage of baby formula, back when Abbot was first served warnings, and shut down... why didn't the administration??? I just do not understand...

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Things like this are set in motion years ago. Most come from many different things happening at the same time. Lost of FDA inspectors and enforcement arm, is part of it. Companies, Abbott for one, using Federal help money that was to help in difficult times, to buy back stock rather than for maintenance is another Here is another part. That the government can't turn on a dime, also part. Check out the threads above for Congress's reaction, also part, and this may have something to do with not just the shortage, but the amount of time to respond to it.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Europe - Ireland - People urged to cook frozen fruit and vegetables because of Listeria findings
Listeria monocytogenes has been detected in a number of frozen vegetables tested in Ireland. The Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI) said findings show a potential risk of illness for consumers who have non-ready-to-eat (RTE) frozen vegetables, fruits or herbs without cooking.

US - now another cause born in greed that leads to unspeakable grief. Remember animals taken to the slaughter houses are young and healthy. How many pigs were slaughtered for nothing because Smithfield didn't keep up with it's maintenance? If the metal didn't come from badly maintained machines, where did it come from?

There's a list of the recalled products at the site. There is also this short but chilling warning -- that means you must be careful of all products with Smithfield bacon in them whether or not they are on the recall list.

Some of the bacon product may have been used to produce other products. FSIS expects there to be additional products recalled containing the bacon.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
US - Cincinnati
QueensMade Lemonade LLC Cincinnati is recalling all its juice-type products, including all lemonade flavors as well as its Ginger Turmeric shots. The products included in this recall are adulterated because they were produced without the benefit of inspection and the safety parameters were not able to be verified.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
US - Update on the Jiff Peanut butter recall - with map. Jiff is made by JM Smucker, who bought Meow Mix in 2015,* then brought you the first ever Meow Mix recall in April 2021.

*J.M. Smucker acquires Big Heart Pet Brands (Meow Mix, Milk Bones, Kibbles 'n Bits, 9Lives) in a $6 billion deal

Last edited:

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Allergy alerts and recalls - Australia, Canada, Europe, Israel, and US (US informaiton covered in above postings today, because I had more information. When more information comes on other alerts and recalls I will post it.)

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
US more on Jif peanut butter produced by JM Smucker

According to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the outbreak strain is closely related to a strain of Salmonella recovered in 2010 from an environmental sample in the Lexington, Kentucky, manufacturing plant where the implicated Jif peanut butter products are made.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
US - Ca, FL, NY, TX -
FDA warning letters to the following import companies -- LECS USA Inc. Los Angeles, CA, Lempira Distribution LLC Miami, FL, Fres Co. LLC Bronx, NY, Triple J Fresh LLC Hidalgo, TX, El Dorado Imports Inc. Houston, TX

Canada - Jif peanut butter recall expanded - Several Jif brand peanut butter products are being recalled in Canada because of a Salmonella outbreak in the United States that has been traced to the manufacturing plant.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Canada, Europe, Israel, Hong Kong, US -- alerts and recalls

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We ate an entire jar of the recalled Jif peanut butter. My mother got really sick, but she didn't know it was from that. I can't remember if I felt sick or not, I always feel a little sick because of my nerves living here. We have another unopened jar. How do we get our money back? Amazon sent me a note saying to throw it away, but they didn't say anything about giving me my money back. I can't remember where I bought the other jar, maybe Walmart.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Guatemala -More than 30 people have fallen sick and four have died in Guatemala after eating shellfish.
The National Commission for the Surveillance and Control of Red Tide in Guatemala has extended an alert because of the presence of saxitoxins above the limits on the coasts of Tiquisate, Escuintla, Retalhuleu and San Marcos.

Scotland -
Public health officials in Scotland have reported an outbreak of E. coli O157 affecting children at a nursery. The NHS Borders Health Protection team said Cherrytrees nursery in Hawick has temporarily closed.

US - Jif peanut butter recall expanded again

Albertsons Companies, in cooperation with its supplier the J. M. Smucker Co., has recalled 11 store-prepared items because of possible Salmonella contamination.
The store-prepared items were available for purchase at the following banners: Albertsons, Safeway, Lucky, Haggen, Carrs-Safeway, Eagle, Tom Thumb, United, Amigos, Market Street, Albertsons Market, Andronico’s Community Markets, Vons, Pak ‘N Save, Shaw’s, Star Market, Randalls, Vons, Jewel-Osco, ACME, King’s and Balducci’s.

US - Idaho - and yet this place exists and has been in business for 25 years. I wonder if it would help if congress put more money into food safety and it's enforcement. Maybe not.

an “illegal backyard butcher shop” owned and operated by Luis Zamora and his brothers. “It has been operating without any business licenses and permits for over 25 years,” ARM said. ...“The Zamora brothers are inhumanely slaughtering and illegally selling un-inspected, potentially tainted meat to the greater community of Idaho at small food markets, catering events, and directly from the property,” it added. “The public’s health and safety are at grave risk with potentially diseased meat entering the food supply given the animals’ feeble health and unsanitary conditions of the meat processing areas.”

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
US -
“Fresh Seasons Power Packs” with Jif peanut butter recalled over salmonella concerns

Cargill recalls products containing peanut butter

GetGo brand apples with peanut butter dip recalled as Jif peanut butter recall affect products downstream

Looking at what's come out in the last few days, I'd say, if it's got Jif
peanut butter in it, look up the recalls, if not recalled, hold onto it for
awhile and see if remains off the list.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
US - NH -
The New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Public Health Services (DPHS), in collaboration with the City of Manchester Department of Health, is investigating an outbreak of Salmonella infections linked to Buba Noodle Bar, a Machester, NH, restaurant.

Status
Not open for further replies.