Food Puzzle Toys

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Ideas on good inexpensive ones I can get to keep Cooper busy while working with Shaman? There's too many for me to choose from. Thanks.

Edited to add: Making one myself is not possible as I suffer frozen shoulder and severe nerve damage.

Last edited:

sweet jane flash

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi MoonstoneWolf sorry to hear of physical pains. I don't know if this will help you or not but when I was really very ill I just put all washable dollies (toys) in the cat food bowl with the food. Since my cat has lots of them it worked in the same way as a food puzzle toy-she had to dig out and around all the dollies to get to her food and really did work just as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow that's a great idea and a money saver too. I have some of those tiny balls and a stuff mouse etc as well as a huge bowl to place them in. I'll give that a try and see how it works with him. Thanks a lot :)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
The Catit Food Tree feeder is inexpensive and fun for cats. You can make adjustments to it to make it easier or more difficult for your cat to get the treats. The negative is that it is pretty large and your cat may learn to knock it over to whack it to shake out a treat.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
The Catit Food Tree feeder is inexpensive and fun for cats. You can make adjustments to it to make it easier or more difficult for your cat to get the treats. The negative is that it is pretty large and your cat may learn to knock it over to whack it to shake out a treat.
Thank you. I'll look into it :)

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Sadly I bought 3 food puzzle toys and the cats are too lazy to play with them. lol

kittenmittens84

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat gets a bit of dry food as a snack and I use an outward hound silicone puzzle bowl (I think it’s called the mini fun feeder mat) to keep him from eating too fast and spitting it all up. It works well despite being for dogs, the bowl is just hard enough to get food out of that it slows him down, but not so difficult that he gives up on it

Uncled

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know you said you have limitations to construct a food puzzle, but can you tape a cardboard box shut and cut a few holes in it? If so you place kibble in it so your cat's can reach in to get the food. Just a thought.