Food Processor Recommendations??

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do any of you have recommendations on a good, reasonably priced Food Processor? I cook quite a bit from home vs. going out to eat. I would LOVE to find a reliable food processor to use around the kitchen that will be durable! (Preferably, something I could pick up for a reasonable price at Target). Thanks in advance! :)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

just mike

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do any of you have recommendations on a good, reasonably priced Food Processor? I cook quite a bit from home vs. going out to eat. I would LOVE to find a reliable food processor to use around the kitchen that will be durable! (Preferably, something I could pick up for a reasonable price at Target). Thanks in advance!
I have a Cuisinart but it was pricey and I bought it at BB&B.  Before that I had an old Hamilton Beach which was awesome.  I had it for over 10 years.  I also have a Sunbeam I won in a raffle.  All 3 of them have done a great job.  If you don't want to break the budget I would go with the HB myself.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom bought me one. . .I think it was pricey, but I have no idea how much it cost or where she got it. It's very nice, much better than the cheapo one I had before (which was like $15 at Wal-Mart). It's a Cuisinart Prep 11 Plus. And I just looked it up on Amazon and see it costs $199.99! :eek: Thanks Mom!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Braun. It's an older one made in the 1980's. It has one button that you press up and down to pulse, or hold down for fast.  It has blades that will slice, shred, chop. It's held up really well. It was used when I got it in the early 1990's.

I really want to get a Kitchen Aid. They're pricey which is why I haven't bought one. One day though!  But right now I'm working on replacing all of my apartment furniture with new stuff that reflects me now instead of me when I was in my 20's or 30's when I bought it.

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I have a Kitchen Aid......12 cup. It does everything I need it to do. It has both the large container and the small container, for when I only need to do a little bit of something.

I had cheaper processors and broke every one of them. Guess I'm hard on food processors!!

lunitar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It really depends on use.

Lets face it, many small appliances like that may only be used once a month or less.  In that case I would go with an inexpensive model.

If you plan on using it more than twice a week I would just shell out for the kitchenaid/cuisinart and be done with it.

I make nearly all my sauces, rubs, and salad dressings fresh and grind up alot of tough items, peppercorns, pine nuts, pecans, ect ect, after burning up a few cheap units I went with the kitchenaid and it has lasted 6 years so far.

Happy Hunting.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for all of the great responses! It's helped me weed through a lot of different processors!

I'm thinking I should maybe go with a mid-higher ranger processor if I can find a good deal. It will likely get use 2+ times a week the way that I cook. (I've already killed several blenders because I use them daily for smoothies, so I've learned my lesson with those :lol3: ) I was thinking of picking up a processor from a Target or a store with a similar return policy in case I run into any issues with it not working properly; Target has a good return policy! I am planning to use my processor for everything from cheese to veggies (some of the processors I was looking at sounded great, until it mentioned that the blades didn't do well with cheese). I'm planning to go looking for one this week! Hopefully they will have sales! :clap:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
A word of advice........before you buy anything, check out some reviews about the model you want to buy. It always helps to know what you're getting into, especially with small appliances. I do that now before buying anything like that.

subconsciousme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have one I found at Goodwill for $4 and it's an ancient Hamilton Beach. Works great, meets my needs. Sometimes I think the older ones are best because I strongly feel things were built better years gone past.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all of the helpful replies, everyone! I'm hoping to go shopping soon so I can look around for one; I'll defintiely post when I decide on which one to get! There have been a few that interest me that were in a good price range, but the reviews have been mixed. I'm thinking if I get one from a store like Target, I can always return it if I get it home and have any issues. (Hopefully, I won't need to though!)

I've already got a good recipe list going for when I get one! :)

Last edited: