Food problem

Lawyer Zorro

Malaysian Cat Lover
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat cannot eat real chicken. He only eats wet food from packets. How can I convince him that real chicken isn't that bad?

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Feed him a different kind of meat. There is no reason to make him eat what he does not like. He cannot be convinced chicken is good and that is perfectly fine. What is the problem?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is it he CANNOT, or WILL NOT? Many cats are picky, so you just have to feed them something they will eat. If he cannot, then you still have to feed him something that he can eat without causing any health issues. There are still plenty of other meats to choose from, but you need to read the ingredients labels closely, because although chicken may not be listed in the name of the food, there may still be some in there. (same with fish)

arr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When you say real chicken, do you mean like home cooked chicken? Are the wet food packets also chicken and he can/will eat that? Home cooked chicken wouldn’t be nutritionally complete for him anyway unless you are adding the appropriate supplements. Unless you are just giving him a little bit as a treat and not as a complete meal, then it would be fine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lawyer Zorro

Malaysian Cat Lover
Young Cat
Purraise
''Is it he CANNOT, or WILL NOT?''
Oops sorry, he WILL NOT eat chicken, which means raw chicken or leftover chicken from our meals since most cats that we have will essentially eat chicken, meat( that comes from cows) and also fish. I'm just worried that his diet would exclusively be processed cat food that comes in packets (from where I'm from) and not anything natural like I just mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lawyer Zorro

Malaysian Cat Lover
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok here are the food he eats:

1. Treats
-Chicken with goat meat (Smartheart)
-Chicken mousse (Cat Treats I guess.....)
-Tuna mousse ( Cat Treats also )
2. Wet food
-Mackerel in jelly (Purina)
3. Dry food
-Probest (Korean company)

If anyone want to ask, I'll be gladly answer them. Pardon for the culture shock from these pictures.I also gave some pictures of the back of the treats and the wet food packet. Feel free to read them and ignore the language that you can't read( It's Malaysian btw and some Thai and even Korean in there too). And one more thing, a picture of his plates. Purple is dry food, red is wet food and the metallic one is some water. This series of pictures is also downloadable and if it can't, tell me.

Attachments

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it he CANNOT, or WILL NOT? Many cats are picky, so you just have to feed them something they will eat. If he cannot, then you still have to feed him something that he can eat without causing any health issues. There are still plenty of other meats to choose from, but you need to read the ingredients labels closely, because although chicken may not be listed in the name of the food, there may still be some in there. (same with fish)
I found that out with Weruva..Says chicken and Duck..but on the ingredients list there's tuna
And I certainly don't want that for my boy
Cause then he won't want nothing else and it would be too much Mercury
Just my 2 cents

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found that out with Weruva..Says chicken and Duck..but on the ingredients list there's tuna
And I certainly don't want that for my boy
Cause then he won't want nothing else and it would be too much Mercury
Just my 2 cents
The further down on the ingredients list, the less there is in the food. Which one said chicken and duck but contained tuna?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oops sorry, he WILL NOT eat chicken, which means raw chicken or leftover chicken from our meals since most cats that we have will essentially eat chicken, meat( that comes from cows) and also fish. I'm just worried that his diet would exclusively be processed cat food that comes in packets (from where I'm from) and not anything natural like I just mentioned.
OK, so there are certain cats out there who do not understand that raw chicken is actually good for them. Or that any raw type of meat is good for them. they have to be taught that, but since you are giving him this as a treat, it might not be worth it. Many, many cats live their entire lives eating only a dry cat food diet. Others survive just fine eating perhaps a combination of dry cat food and the occasional can or pouch of wet cat food, as long as all of that food is 100% nutritionally complete, which hopefully the packages state. Not sure about how that is stated in your country. And many more cats eat only wet food that comes in either pouches or cans, again that are 100% nutritionally complete. Just feeding raw or cooked chicken is NOT 100% nutritionally complete, so even if he ate that, he would still need other food.

When I converted my cats to a completely raw diet, I had to take make tiny meatballs of his raw mix which was ground turkey, organs and bones) and roll them in crushed treats so they smelled familiar to them before they would even think about eating them. This went on for many weeks before I could begin to use less of the crushed treats to entice them to eat. It took months to fully convert them to a raw diet, and one of them never really took to

Lawyer Zorro

Malaysian Cat Lover
Young Cat
Purraise