Food ideas

Youcantseemegrrr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Need some ideas from fellow feline people. My little monster says it's time to change food (7 months going on 8) , she continued on luvsome when I got her what they were feeding her (6 months) but got tired which is good because I was planning on switching to better anyway. Went to Instinct first month was good but then nope wont touch it, then to Tiki cat...very meh. Last day I used some luvsome I stored away still fresh to see what she would do, ate good amount today but.....Need better.

Was thinking of trying Orijen but heard bad things about US version and since Ancana is a sister company I'm skeptical. She gets wet food morning and evening if she wants it but talk about picky. Plus I think Instinct was starting soft wows. Throw me some brands you've had luck with for picky brains.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
For dry, I'd recommend Dr. Elsey's CleanProtein.

For wet, mine love Purina ProPlan True Nature, Tiny Tiger (Chewy's house brand that is basically a cheaper Fancy Feast), Fancy Feast pates, classic Friskies pates, Sheba, Crave, Redbarn.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!!
I've had some luck with Merrick Backcountry, Miko, Natural Balance, Red Barn :)...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Youcantseemegrrr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
EmmersonansEvie.... was thinking Dr Elsey's but do you know of any stores that carry it.

Furballsmom....Merrick Backcountry is another I had in my mind but dont want food with tapioca or potatoes, bad enough she was eating luvsome with grains.

Youcantseemegrrr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I bought Applaws chicken dry at the store also ordered Dr Elsey's clean protein from chewy. The Applaws she seems to be doing fine but to early to tell, I didnt transition since she not eating the other, I did leave them out in other bowls but hasnt touched. Curious to see how she reacts to Dr Elsey's.

For now in the wet foods, I'm keeping her on Instinct raw she eats that the most out of the brands I tried. I switch it up between duck, turkey and chicken in the wet foods.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I find with picky cats you NEED to have 3-4 brands on stock for wet food, with 3 different flavors at the very least. And rotate. Cats, like people, do get bored if fed the same thing over and over again. For my picky cats I had lots of different stuff on hand and rotated every day. I'd recommend feeding carragean free wet food as much as possible :) You can also try adding the wet food with dry to :)

Youcantseemegrrr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cataholic07 yeah I agree keeping different flavors makes them happy, I tried different brands for wet the only brand she takes to is Instinct raw so I just by that brand with multiple flavors carragran free. The dry Instinct seem to give her soft wows, her on Applaws dry and wet Instinct no more soft wows. With the dry I do add a little water sometimes to dampen it not the whole bowl just a little portion to eat, then wash and add dry after.

Youcantseemegrrr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got the Dr Elseys clean protien from chewy little of half cup set out, I also set out little over half cup of Applaws. So far to close to call but Dr Elseys has a little lead right now. I'll declare a winner in a week. But when I set them out next to each other she went to Dr Elseys first.

Youcantseemegrrr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's a tie so I'm going to alternate them and mix them together sometimes. So Dr Elsey's clean protein and Applaws chicken for the tie.

You know why cats ate picky...because they know what we will go through, Chicken..no..lamb..no..Tbone....no....hahahahhaha my human sucka!