Food Hog

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cat, who has a nick name I won't repeat, has become a food hog and a food protector like I have never seen and tonight swallowed a chicken heart whole, worked to bring it back up and it was covered in a slimy spit-crap. She eats fast to avoid having food stolen and eats fast so she can go steal from someone else, until the referee (me) breaks it up and issues a 40 yard penalty.
Even feeding her separate doesn't help this Black Hole so tonight I had to cut up her food like I was serving a toddler so the dork wouldn't choke. :doh:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Krista has been on the other end of that spectrum lately. I leave the food out for her and have to follow her with a fork to fluff up her mess and show her that spreading it thin is not the same as eating it. When she was going through pancreatitis, I used to sit on the floor with her, making small food piles, and begging her to eat "just three more bites!"

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well, I know this is a strange and shocking idea, but since you are feeding her separately anyway, you might consider it. Try chopping her food up into bite sized pieces - I'd say a chicken heart should be 4 or 5. (Hey, I cut up steamed squid for one of my ancient ones - use scissors it slides away from knives and you'll cut yourself.)

Since this girl is way beyond the slow eating bowls, and a good three years before food security settles in, I'm thinking you also might try scattering her food over a large area - which she doesn't share with anyone else at meal time. don't want her biting down on one of her friends.

Dude, you know you're fighting primal survival instincts, right? :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well, I know this is a strange and shocking idea, but since you are feeding her separately anyway, you might consider it. Try chopping her food up into bite sized pieces - I'd say a chicken heart should be 4 or 5. (Hey, I cut up steamed squid for one of my ancient ones - use scissors it slides away from knives and you'll cut yourself.)

Since this girl is way beyond the slow eating bowls, and a good three years before food security settles in, I'm thinking you also might try scattering her food over a large area - which she doesn't share with anyone else at meal time. don't want her biting down on one of her friends.

Dude, you know you're fighting primal survival instincts, right? :D
I used scissors and cut each one up into 4 pieces. She ate them daintily, chewed each one well, dabbed the corners of her mouth with a white cloth napkin and went out for a smoke. :D

There's been some food issues with these guys, for awhile she was the food thief and a real bully, then one of the boys said "no way" and started bullying HER, and he started being able to back her way from her food just by him being close to the bowl. Once that was stopped, it was like she decided being a black hole was the safest bet to consume food in one bite, but thinks she can still steal from the others (except bully boy), which she's not allowed to do. It's like playing goalie, quarterback, and pitcher all at once. All to feed some cats. :doh:

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Image of you all lying around half on the porch floor half on the walls after every meal, passing around the Lucky Strikes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Image of you all lying around half on the porch floor half on the walls after every meal, passing around the Lucky Strikes.
So you saw us, eh?
Lucky Strike means fine tobacco!
And now you all know I'm 146 years old :flail: