Food Help for an Underweight Cat

tedrudy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,
Can someone please suggest a nutritional food plan for a male cat who's 12 years old and weighs 8 lbs? He's slightly anemic, and kidney tests are inconclusive. We think it's a gastro-intestinal issue and he eats foods mixed with Enzymes for that. Would like to put weight on him. Bought food with a high protein and fat content. Will that be ok for his kidneys?
Any suggestions? He's not Diabetic and has been through urine and blood tests which really stressed him. Trying nutrition remedies before we explore medications.
Thank you for any suggestions/
Peace,
Tedrudy

elinor

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have heard of something called Nutrical and have seen it in the PetSmart stores. It is in a tube and is high calorie. I have heard it is used for cats that are ill and has even been used for chinchillas who need to gain weight. I would check this out with you vet of course before you try it. I have never used it. There are a lot of people here with more experience than me and you will get a lot of help. Hope all gos well.

ps Welcome.

frannie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I use stew meat that you use for humans. I cook it just enough to get the red out. It has lots of vitamins and I use it on my kittens or older cats. Hope this helps.

Frannie