Food and UT Health

patsy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a friend who has a cat who had severe bladder stones. He is now rid of the stones and doing well. My question is, since I really don't have any experience with this (you'd think I would with 54 cats!), does she have to keep him on Science Diet CD or can she let him have the other premium foods that are designed for urinary tract health? Please don't tell me to ask my vet or her vet. All they say, is they don't know so feed the S.D. I thought maybe one of you have experienced this condition and would have more experience with the food issue. Thanks so much for your help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

patsy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Dear Vicki:

Thanks for your reply. My friend isn't worried about the cost, she was just thinking about giving her cat some variety. Her cat was very ill, he had stones and was hospitalized for a while.

I was just asking because I'm sure somewhere out there someone has some answers to this question. I'm always exploring alternatives. I guess my personality doesn't like monotony. HA! Not even in cat food! Thanks again.

cooie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Patsy, if it were my cat, and money was not an issue, and the cat kept eating the prescription stuff, I would not sweat it. Not all cats need or even want variety in their food, and if money were not an issue I'd rather be safe than sorry. Although it's not common, UTIs can be fatal.