Food aggressive?

Zylalove18

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My 2 year old snowshoe gets aggressive when she wants food. If I don’t feed her when she wants to be fed she will bite my feet and legs as hard as possible! I yelled at her today (I never yell at her but today she was being very bad) and she seemed to understand mom was upset and sulked away. I would say she is very bossy and a brat lol. How can I get her to stop attacking me!? I’ve been trying to put her on a feeding schedule and she really doesn’t like it obviously. I have had her for 6 months, I don’t know anything about her previous home but I’m assuming they fed her whenever she wanted.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't feed her right after she bites you, or you'll reinforce it. Redirect her to a more acceptable behavior, such as sitting in a particular spot or maybe even doing a trick. Then she sees that behavior gets her fed, not biting people, so she'll do that instead.

Is she on a regular schedule? That way you can stick to that schedule and she'll learn she doesn't get anything between meals. Cats like a predictable routine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Zylalove18

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I admit I need to be more diligent with her schedule. I think she’s learned I give in to her..I’m forcing myself to stick to her schedule so this behavior can stop