Following??

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I noticed this new thing on TCS called "followers" via an e-mail I received. The e-mail stated that I have twenty-something followers. What exactly is this following thing, and how do you go about accessing it? I tried to figure it out, but am not having any success.
I've noticed several changes since TCS switched over to the new format. I reckon I'm gonna have to learn how to use everything all over again - but I guess that's my own fault for being absent for so long.

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I believe it means the Member who is "following" you will be notified when you post an answer/start a thread.

It means they like you, they really really like you[r] advice :)

The opposite would be to Block the Member for whatever reason, i.e., you find their post too depressing, too inflammatory.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know about the "block" thing, but the following thing is new to me. I've been a member for about 7 years, but have been absent for quite some time.
How do you go about "following" someone?

Thanks, Ritz!

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At each Member's post/name, there is a down ward type pointer/arrow (like a radial); you click on it and see different options.

One I should use more is "all threads/thread started"; it will sometimes give the background of the situation like:  yes the cat is neutered.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, guys.
I checked into it a little further and think I have it figured out now.