Follow Along As Maggie Grows

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggiekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Heading off to window watch.
20170518_133936-1.jpg

Course it is ALL about that orange ball. It is her favorite toy..
20170518_133100-1.jpg

She is really starting to grow now!
20170519_165002.jpg
20170519_165001.jpg

What a happy face.
IMG_20170519_170045_344.jpg

... and what a cute little mane (again, excuse the static of fur lol)
IMG_20170519_165554_319.jpg

Maggie's super silky, and glossy fuzz. (For those interested we feed her Nulo Chicken and Duck and Turkey and Duck. She doesn't eat kibble and doesnt eat treats of any kind.)
IMG_20170519_113941_342.jpg

20170518_133814.jpg
20170518_133812.jpg

maggiekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Maggie is a bird watcher today. She likes to chatter at our little humming bird friends. Lol (apologize for the stuff on the floor... between Zoe and Maggie there is ALWAYS chinchilla bedding or hay no matter how much you sweep, especially at 5am when both want to party.)
20170521_055310.jpg
20170521_055007.jpg
20170521_055745.jpg
20170521_055747-1.jpg

maggiekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I slacked a bit so I tossed in some random over the week and today. I will try to be a bit more active.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maggie is a bird watcher today. She likes to chatter at our little humming bird friends. Lol (apologize for the stuff on the floor... between Zoe and Maggie there is ALWAYS chinchilla bedding or hay no matter how much you sweep, especially at 5am when both want to party.)View attachment 181230 View attachment 181231 View attachment 181232 View attachment 181234
She's very, very lovely and yes, such soft and lustrous coat! Sparkle balls, crinkle balls -- a nice variety of toys which we love, too!

maggiekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's very, very lovely and yes, such soft and lustrous coat! Sparkle balls, crinkle balls -- a nice variety of toys which we love, too!
Yes, very nice fur indeed. Never felt a cat that mimicked a rex rabbit before.
Ha! Maggie hates crinkle balls and she doesn't care for catnip but she does like her strawberry flirt pole, ping pong ball and her sparkle ball. Occasionally she will show interest in other toys like her green fuzzy ball or her stuffy toys.
I'm currently looking into other options for catnip, if any or something else that she would really enjoy. I'm thinking of trying the Pet Zone Fly By Spinner or a crinkle tunnel. Possibly both.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, very nice fur indeed. Never felt a cat that mimicked a rex rabbit before.
Ha! Maggie hates crinkle balls and she doesn't care for catnip but she does like her strawberry flirt pole, ping pong ball and her sparkle ball. Occasionally she will show interest in other toys like her green fuzzy ball or her stuffy toys.
I'm currently looking into other options for catnip, if any or something else that she would really enjoy. I'm thinking of trying the Pet Zone Fly By Spinner or a crinkle tunnel. Possibly both.
Look at that wide-eyed beauty! :lovecat3:

Well, the one toy that almost every cat seems to LOVE is da Bird. It's a wand-type toy with feathery lure and the lure is, of course, replaceable. Cats highly recommend it. :cutecat:

maggiekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Look at that wide-eyed beauty! :lovecat3:

Well, the one toy that almost every cat seems to LOVE is da Bird. It's a wand-type toy with feathery lure and the lure is, of course, replaceable. Cats highly recommend it. :cutecat:
We've had that one for over a month and I haven't really used it much with her because she seems a bit "eh" when it comes to that toy. Probably age. I'll take it out this weekend and see if she will have more interest now that she seems to be focused on prey animals more lately. ;)
What other toys do you find is entertaining for cats?

maggiekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
20170524_055535-1.jpg
Maggie and I open the cutrains everyday at 5am JUST so she can watch the birdies.

I seen some window ledges that you can stick on glass... has anyone used them? What about the bird feeder cat window?
We have a humming bird feeder that she watches and we have disgusting pigeons. I'm trying to figure out if we can deture them and attract other types of birds in, but doubt that. Lol

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 181624 Maggie and I open the cutrains everyday at 5am JUST so she can watch the birdies.

I seen some window ledges that you can stick on glass... has anyone used them? What about the bird feeder cat window?
We have a humming bird feeder that she watches and we have disgusting pigeons. I'm trying to figure out if we can deture them and attract other types of birds in, but doubt that. Lol
I have not used one of those types of window perches because I don't trust them either for the cats, who may be large and jumping, but also for the integrity of the windows. My window perches affix to the window sills and have brackets that face the wall below the sill. I actually affixed one of the perches to the sill with screws, because my Maine Coon man, who was fairly large, used it a lot and it used to fall before I did this. If it ever needs to be taken down, the holes can easily be filled in with wood putty and then painted.

Why on earth do you hate pigeons? They are beautiful and sweet birds. We love seeing the ones who visit us. We have a hummingbird feeder and also seed bird feeders, which I've been forced to stop filling because of the astronomical cost of the seed.

My cats ALL love da Bird -- even very mature cats get into the act when this toy is in motion! We also love sparkle (twinkle) balls, soft catnip toys of any kind, including the "kickers", and small foam "soccer" balls. We don't care about the hard plastic battery-operated toys much -- they get really boring really fast. Interactive is key for us -- cats, just like people, love to play with others!

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We just extended the window sills with wood and made them wide and put pillows on it for her

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
One toy that she will probably like is the infamous catnip banana. Never knew a cat who didn't adore them! Even Hekitty, who is notoriously finicky, drags her banana all over the house with her.