Follow Along As Maggie Grows

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggiekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
abyeb abyeb , I was very relieved! Pretty sure it was the FeLV vaccine that did it too since that was the only thing to change... I've been reading on it and will not get it again for her. The other thing they gave was Nemex, not sure if that is a different type of wormer than she had prior but was told there aren't really side effects to those.

On another note.. Who doesn't love a pink nose or fluffy feet with pink and purple pads?
20170508_000009.jpg
20170508_000001.jpg

A sleeping Beauty catching some Zzz's.
20170507_235805.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
abyeb abyeb , I was very relieved! Pretty sure it was the FeLV vaccine that did it too since that was the only thing to change... I've been reading on it and will not get it again for her. The other thing they gave was Nemex, not sure if that is a different type of wormer than she had prior but was told there aren't really side effects to those.

On another note.. Who doesn't love a pink nose or fluffy feet with pink and purple pads?View attachment 179821 View attachment 179822
A sleeping Beauty catching some Zzz's.
View attachment 179824
Absolutely adorable! And yes, pink noses and pads are irresistible!!! TYSM for your compliments on our beloved Sishya. She was not only adorable, she was a very complex little soul. One of her favorite things to do was to wait until she thought I was not looking, and start playing, tossing toys up in the air and chasing them madly. She was also quite a flirt, and she adored my ex, even though I was the one who fed, brushed clipped claws, etc.

IMG_0972.JPG
IMG_0975.JPG

maggiekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Absolutely adorable! And yes, pink noses and pads are irresistible!!! TYSM for your compliments on our beloved Sishya. She was not only adorable, she was a very complex little soul. One of her favorite things to do was to wait until she thought I was not looking, and start playing, tossing toys up in the air and chasing them madly. She was also quite a flirt, and she adored my ex, even though I was the one who fed, brushed clipped claws, etc.

View attachment 179837
View attachment 179838
She is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your kitty. I absolutely love her dark coloring. :)

Poor little lassie! I hope she is feeling much better now!
More than better. Lol! She is back to being a goofball.

maggiekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Maggie is Chinchilla watching.
20170508_124314-1.jpg

And some ultimate, Maggie cuteness when she was a little peanut. (I apologies for the quality of those ones.)
Screenshot_2017-05-08-13-14-35-1.png
Screenshot_2017-05-08-13-10-50-1-1.png

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maggie sure turned out to be one stunning cat!

Kind of reminds me of a certain someone i had around when I was fostering.

not sure why it won't display. I'm uploading it instead
Z2iUhFj.jpg

Mine didn't come out the same as yours. I really like the colors yours grew into! that's awesome

maggiekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Maggie sure turned out to be one stunning cat!

Kind of reminds me of a certain someone i had around when I was fostering.

not sure why it won't display. I'm uploading it insteadView attachment 179852

Mine didn't come out the same as yours. I really like the colors yours grew into! that's awesome
Thank you. She is developing into a fantastic kitty and Wow! You foster is gorgeous!! I'd love to see more photos. I find it so fainting to see how much kittens change, especially pointed ones.

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. She is developing into a fantastic kitty and Wow! You foster is gorgeous!! I'd love to see more photos. I find it so fainting to see how much kittens change, especially pointed ones.
I probably missed it but how old is she now? I'm glad she's feeling better!

I have a pile of pictures i took of this litter. there was at least 2 dads. 4 of them started out pure white, 3 were tabbies and one tuxedo male.

Here's a pic showing how fast that white faded. don't remember the age, but based on the folder dates I'm thinking 3 weeks?

047.jpg

maggiekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I probably missed it but how old is she now? I'm glad she's feeling better!

I have a pile of pictures i took of this litter. there was at least 2 dads. 4 of them started out pure white, 3 were tabbies and one tuxedo male.

Here's a pic showing how fast that white faded. don't remember the age, but based on the folder dates I'm thinking 3 weeks?

View attachment 179870
When I found Maggie she could barely walk so I estimated her at 2 to 3 weeks give or take. Last appointment I stated 7 weeks but her weight estimated her to be 6 weeks old, even though the office knew she was still a bit under weight due to worms they went with the "standard" of basing via weight so this past Saturday they kept it at their guess which means she is 9 weeks or perhaps 10 weeks now. Papers state 9 weeks. The pics make her look big. She's still a small fry though and that kitten is absolutely stunning!! I know nothing about Maggie's parents or siblings. I never found other kittens or a Mom cat. Typically we don't see loose cats in my neighborhood often. People are pretty good with keeping cats indoors.
I wish I knew what they looked like though. Lol!

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohh ok i thought i missed something and she got sick after you got her. Makes sense now.

Where I lived in Arkansas i was tending to at least 10 strays and ferals. it was awful. That's how I ended up with my 3rd cat.

Where I live now is in Sun City Arizona. i have not seen a single cat or dog run around here since we arrived. Probably has something to do with the coyotes that run around eating the rabbits. but still. i think it's more due to the rules of the city here.

You can't live here untill you're 55 or older. They make exceptions if someone in the house is over 55, but the younger person/people cannot be younger than 19. if so they can't stay more than 3 weeks.

So there are NO loud cars, NO stray dogs or cats, no noise at all, and we're part of Phoenix. Well a suburb. I feel extremely lucky.

So for me, this is a blessing because I feel an onus to care for animals around me. Here that's not a problem.

Whatever the case you're a kind soul for caring like you do, and the cats may not be able to realize how lucky they are, but I honestly believe they understand when someone saves them.

kudos to you!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I found Maggie she could barely walk so I estimated her at 2 to 3 weeks give or take. Last appointment I stated 7 weeks but her weight estimated her to be 6 weeks old, even though the office knew she was still a bit under weight due to worms they went with the "standard" of basing via weight so this past Saturday they kept it at their guess which means she is 9 weeks or perhaps 10 weeks now. Papers state 9 weeks. The pics make her look big. She's still a small fry though and that kitten is absolutely stunning!! I know nothing about Maggie's parents or siblings. I never found other kittens or a Mom cat. Typically we don't see loose cats in my neighborhood often. People are pretty good with keeping cats indoors.
I wish I knew what they looked like though. Lol!
Our neighborhood here is good like that, too, and the city has TNR as municipal policy! ;) There is a fluffy big beige job who cruises by sometimes, and I'm pretty sure he's a male. I think he lives across the road and up one, and I don't know the lady but I wish I could meet her because another neighbor says he thinks she has 4 cats (and anyone who loves cats is a friend of mine!).
Yeah, Seesh darkened up a lot -- she really did turn into a beauty. A few months before she left us, she lightened up again. Siamese-gene cats' coats can change like that.

IMG_1545.JPG

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I didn't know about that fact (siamese darkening/lightening) until this litter. I had no idea they started all white then the color came in. That is bizarre.

Maggie is going to be a stunner that's for sure.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I didn't know about that fact (siamese darkening/lightening) until this litter. I had no idea they started all white then the color came in. That is bizarre.

Maggie is going to be a stunner that's for sure.
Oh yes! Sishya was all white except for her ears and tail and "shadowy" places on her face and back when she first appeared as a tiny kitten. I was shooting 35 mm back then and haven't scanned any of her "baby pix" but she was a woebegone looking little kitten, sniffly and sickly looking, which is why I scooped her up right away. There were a lot of community cats where we lived, and we eventually got all but one fast little man spayed/neutered and basic innoculations, and adopted all except tiny kittens who went with a trusted rescuer to be adopted. This kitten looked pretty fragile, so I just scooped her up and brought her in. She was very special.
IMG_1175.JPG

maggiekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ohh ok i thought i missed something and she got sick after you got her. Makes sense now.

Where I lived in Arkansas i was tending to at least 10 strays and ferals. it was awful. That's how I ended up with my 3rd cat.

Where I live now is in Sun City Arizona. i have not seen a single cat or dog run around here since we arrived. Probably has something to do with the coyotes that run around eating the rabbits. but still. i think it's more due to the rules of the city here.

You can't live here untill you're 55 or older. They make exceptions if someone in the house is over 55, but the younger person/people cannot be younger than 19. if so they can't stay more than 3 weeks.

So there are NO loud cars, NO stray dogs or cats, no noise at all, and we're part of Phoenix. Well a suburb. I feel extremely lucky.

So for me, this is a blessing because I feel an onus to care for animals around me. Here that's not a problem.

Whatever the case you're a kind soul for caring like you do, and the cats may not be able to realize how lucky they are, but I honestly believe they understand when someone saves them.

kudos to you!
Las Vegas, Nevada here but closer to the mountains in sunrise manor so I don't see as many cats running loose. When we used to roommate with my man's friend we always had loose dogs and cats... a few charged my Feist and even came into the house! The condos also had mice and rats which was disgusting! Anyways... we are a dead end road complex so nothing is going to slip by my eyes. I take my dog walking in the evening or real early in the am everyday and we never see any critters.
I've always been a lover of animals. I used to drag home stray dirty animals all the time in the apartment complex. People loved to abandon their cats... it's sad because we had a young couple next to us at the condo that left their big old DSH male. Real sweet but couldn't keep him. My man got off work early just so we could take him to the no kill. So when I seen Maggie I wasn't going to just leave her :/ and ended up falling for her that night so it was basically a done deal.

Our neighborhood here is good like that, too, and the city has TNR as municipal policy! ;) There is a fluffy big beige job who cruises by sometimes, and I'm pretty sure he's a male. I think he lives across the road and up one, and I don't know the lady but I wish I could meet her because another neighbor says he thinks she has 4 cats (and anyone who loves cats is a friend of mine!).
Yeah, Seesh darkened up a lot -- she really did turn into a beauty. A few months before she left us, she lightened up again. Siamese-gene cats' coats can change like that.

View attachment 179875
My Dad does that. He will catch them and drop them off at the AR. He has a litter of semi ferals right now that he is going to personally pay out of pocket to have altered and just place them in homes. The AR decline taking one of his semi ferals because she wasn't from the same location... they said only cats in that county could be brought in, but where he lives there are no other AR's. Needless to say he took the cat with him back to the house. It was frustrating to him because they say they HELP animals, yet wouldn't take in a cat due to location? Nonsense!
Yeah! Ive heard of siamese types going lighter and even much darker in later years

I love how so many of you guys help your community ferals and like myself, have brought in and kept kitties.

maggiekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Let's try not to hijack Maggie's thread. ;)
Btw, gorgeous cats!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Las Vegas, Nevada here but closer to the mountains in sunrise manor so I don't see as many cats running loose. When we used to roommate with my man's friend we always had loose dogs and cats... a few charged my Feist and even came into the house! The condos also had mice and rats which was disgusting! Anyways... we are a dead end road complex so nothing is going to slip by my eyes. I take my dog walking in the evening or real early in the am everyday and we never see any critters.
I've always been a lover of animals. I used to drag home stray dirty animals all the time in the apartment complex. People loved to abandon their cats... it's sad because we had a young couple next to us at the condo that left their big old DSH male. Real sweet but couldn't keep him. My man got off work early just so we could take him to the no kill. So when I seen Maggie I wasn't going to just leave her :/ and ended up falling for her that night so it was basically a done deal.

My Dad does that. He will catch them and drop them off at the AR. He has a litter of semi ferals right now that he is going to personally pay out of pocket to have altered and just place them in homes. The AR decline taking one of his semi ferals because she wasn't from the same location... they said only cats in that county could be brought in, but where he lives there are no other AR's. Needless to say he took the cat with him back to the house. It was frustrating to him because they say they HELP animals, yet wouldn't take in a cat due to location? Nonsense!
Yeah! Ive heard of siamese types going lighter and even much darker in later years

I love how so many of you guys help your community ferals and like myself, have brought in and kept kitties.
Yes, it's a good community here on TCS and most of us care a great deal about ALL cats, not just those in our own families. Good on your dad for helping the community cats -- and the cat he took back with him to the house is now a member of HIS community ;)

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She is an absolute doll and I love your comments. Not to hijack but.... her coloring reminds me of a baby Rocket. This was Rocket around 5 months for comparison.

Rocket is now a light tan color with white swirls. Link around that time was more of a greyish tint and somehow turned chocolate brown over the years. Pointed cat coloring is fun.